hasnt anyone noticed the constant lag spikes?

O

old.Kladen

i aint seen any post and people seem to ignore it but theres been constant lag spikes since patch, every 5 or so minutes i and the whole realm get lag spikes and some unlucky people who dont survive it go LD.

maybe its coz theres so many people in DF but what if there will always be alot of people in DF? we gonna get lag spikes for the rest of the game?

O

old.Revz

Yes. I've not gone LD so much because of having cable but thanks to lag spikes we've had innumerable deaths and other problems. In particular people lag into mobs or off ledges (Hib prince I'm looking at your room here!) and end up dying themselves and sometimes causing a wipeout.

Most of our modem people simply can't stay connected in the uppper areas of DF because it is so bad up there.

P

- Pathfinder -

My computer spontaneously reboots at times when an excessive amount of people pop into view in DF; has happened three times, and it's quite annoying :)

/em blames Ron for his uber LD pull :)

B

Blood

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
My computer spontaneously reboots at times when an excessive amount of people pop into view in DF; has happened three times, and it's quite annoying :)

/em blames Ron for his uber LD pull :)

hahaha

resistance is futile

B

Brannor McThife

Doesn't just happen in DF, but does happen there the most.

I have ADSL, so I survive most, but horses dying and other wierd things are getting annoying...

-G

W

Wij

Yes. I have ADSL and survived all the mega lag spikes when I was in spind last night but when half my group disappeared in the middle of a nasty fight it got pretty tough :(

Anyone know why ?

C

cadiva

Even with ADSL

I have ADSL and even with it I'm having more LDs than ever before. I think pre-patch I had probably 10 LDs since I started playing in Beta. Post-patch I have at least 2 a night.

It seems to be happening more and more that I'm getting red squares and yellow triangles on the perf monitor where before they would be lovely little green circles.
Friend of mine has done a pingplotter and found out he's actually getting a better connection to the GOA servers so I'm guessing this is a problem server side.
Anyone heard anything elsewhere?

O

old.amoeba

Yep bad here.

I suspect it MIGHT be with so many people in DF.

Perhaps the server cant handle it, and it causes lag everywhere.

C

Cedig

Dudes

Read the news page, They have taken the servers down this morning to make some network changes.... so GOA are aware of it, and are working to resolve whatever the problem is.

O

old.Aralik

Offical responce

---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (CS) - 08/12/2002 08:54 AM
Hello,

We are aware of the lag issues and are currenlty working on fixing them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

---------------------------------------------

C

Cerverloc

The above message is a standard reply. If you mention lag you will get that reply so its doesn't say much.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I think everyone has those lagspikes since the patch...*sighs*
At least we DSL/cable users survive them.

I pity the players on 56k...

E

Eblessair

Yep
legion raid failed yesterday because of those lag spikes :(

I

ImLestat

Played some in DF today, and I THINK the lag spike issue is better now, after their maintenance this morning. My observation anyway.

L

listepik

after patch i havent had a single LD = Massive imporvement.

the spikes are worse tho, but rather spikes than LD.

and yesterday WAS surprisingly stabile, so maybe they DID solve, at least parts of it?

F

Flimgoblin

Sounds like their network was a bit wacky after the move... now it's been smoothed.. yay, no more linkdeaths....

:clap: :clap:

O

old.tRoG

hehe. guild chat getting spammed with laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag every 5 mins :)

lets all whine and ask goa for 5 bubs of xp each for all the linkdeaths weve had to suffer ;) :p

yes, even those on lvl 49.5 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom