Has there been a stealth change to Parry?

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
I've been away from DAOC for a few weeks. I logged on last night for the first time since the patch, buffed up as usual and went out into rvr land with the armsman, expecting the usual biff-baff-boff /release - when to my great surprise I won! Must be a fluke I told myself, moved on, and won again. :eek2:
OK maybe they wern't level 50 or something - moved on, out battled a ranger (although he cunning ran off before getting his guts sliced open), out melee'd a skald and so on etc. etc. throughout the evening.

Somethings clearly changed in this patch - analysis of the logs seemed to suggest my parry has gone sky high (its 31+13), particularly against DW opponents. Now I saw in the patch notes blocking got tweaked to avoid the near 100% with high dex and high block / mastery of block, but I didn't see anything about parrying changing. The general concensus in guild from the other melee characters was that yes - parrying does seem to have increased this patch.

It may be that there are lower rr chars walking about (I can never remember what name is associated with what rr - so can't remember if I just happened to come across low rr people all night), possibly doing the rvr missions, but has anyone else noticed an increase in parry rate this patch?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
U always parried and blocked like a mofo tbh ^^

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Aye and we got dodge took of us infs and such for similar reasons didn't we? cos it was sky high. So we can't evade as much now but everyone else can block and parry more!!! summik wrong there!!!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Weylander said:
Aye and we got dodge took of us infs and such for similar reasons didn't we? cos it was sky high. So we can't evade as much now but everyone else can block and parry more!!! summik wrong there!!!

Well block against dual wield not really since, whatever % u got, it's halved ^^

Robby

Fledgling Freddie
How strange it may sound, winning as an armsman isn't that extremely rare.
especially vs other heavy tanks its pretty easy. At rr5 I could kill every skald from rr1-6, while I wasn't even toa'd or buffed.
Light tanks mostly killed me, although i was able te take savages down in a 1on1. archers were pretty easy too. But the problem was i had no BB and a lot of the stealthers i fough had one, so it was hard to find fair fights.

So what happened to you wasn't special. P-owning a bm in a fair fight, that is special, but i don't think many s/s armsmen can do that

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Well block against dual wield not really since, whatever % u got, it's halved ^^

Ooops yeah sorry forgot!!

Still, Dodger should be back in the game imo!!!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Weylander said:

No thx now, sometimes, i manage to land a slam on infils, before it was next to impossible ^^

Weylander said:

wtf no way! evade 7 is enough!

reaverwpnskillrox.jpg

Jjuraa

Banned
Knarl is love!

the RvR gods are smiling of you Knarl, your reward for being such a solid lil fish! just keep slaying the hibs. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom