Has Mythic done a good job?

V

valcyr

Which Realm is your favorite?
- Albion 872 33.86 %
- Hibernia 822 31.92 %
- Midgard 881 34.21 %
TOTAL 2575 100 %

Just a little poll from Camelot Statics...
To be honest they're all pretty close :)

Not that I expected anythng else, but its pretty well done by Mythic tbh.

L

Legolias

I've played to 50 on all three realms and my opinion is as followed:

1.) Hibernia
2.) Albion
3.) Midgard

Hibernia really gives me the "happy" lvling feeling and since it was the first realm I played it sortoff makes me come back every time again. Plus, Lurikeens just walk too funny to ignore :lol:

Albion is the easiest pve-wise by "far", you can lvl to 50 in no time especially if you lvl a necro + bb first. Infils are fotm as well, and not that hard to lvl.

Midgard is fun, but imho it's too gloomy for my taste. I had fun while I played there but that fun wasn't enough to make me stay there.

E

Ekydus

It's a role play game.

People who are new to RPGs are more likely to roll Albion. Why? Because they know the history of king Arthur and so forth. On top of this, the game is called Dark Age of Camelot. People like to play as the "hero" to the story, hell, everyone knows that in the end Albion would be the true victors. Maybe they wanted class balance because they didn't know what they wanted? Albion is quite balanced between Midgard and Hibernia in terms of Melee vs Magic. When people read through their book (which of course they will do, unless they are only joining the game to play with friends who have already done this), people will go by the description in the manual. Hell, I'm a Paladin. Why? Because when I joined the game I wanted a fighting class with magical abilities, can you see where I am coming from now?

People join Hibernia because either they like the description of something, or they want to be swarmed by fairies and magic. People who joined Midgard also joined for the former, or for the latter; they wanted to play as something slightly different. From a neutral outlook, it would seem that going by the story that Midgard are the underdogs in terms of gaining control of Camelot etc, they have a dark atmosphere and hell you get to play as trolls!

Maybe this is why people chose what they did, maybe it isn't. But it is an explanation, and all it shows is that at the start up screen choices are quite differed in opinion. New people to the game are more likely to play Albion, but, the game has now been going for nearly 2 years now, throughout that time there was no obligation to delete and re-roll to a new realm, which at favourite is Midgard. That would most likely explain for the statistics of the above.

An interesting note to add while I am here, is that if realms are split to ~1/3, then why do people automatically assume that by clicking Albion at start-up makes you an idiot, emotionally challenged, and well, a crap player, it doesn't. It shouldn't, and there is the proof above to say so too.

S

Shaki/Aeis

One reason I picked Midgard was because I am from Sweden and we used to have vikings around here too;)

W

Wai

used to vikings round here too... they pillaged and plundered most of the place ;)

Went hib cos its a wubbly realm all happy happy lvl'ing + got nice races and classes to play

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom