Has daoc changed much?

Ozwin

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all

Have been out the game for about a year mainly having babies and playing SWG but i used to play on alb excal with my late husband Eranu and was thinking of maybe trying it out again.
Has there been much content added ?
Any new classes added or in the pipeline?
How is RvR? Is it all still hib and alb zergs?
Anyone know how long your inactive characters stay on account?
Any major changes to any classes?
Have been looking through the forums but sadly i dont recognise too many names.

Hope u r still having fun 8)

Funkybunny

Banned
Have been out the game for about a year mainly having babies and playing SWG but i used to play on alb excal with my late husband Eranu and was thinking of maybe trying it out again.

lol... sounds like youve been busy... btw.. hope you didnt create a girl.. that is SO fotm!

Has there been much content added ?

yes.. TOA

Any new classes added or in the pipeline?

new races, not classes

How is RvR? Is it all still hib and alb zergs?

all realms zerg.

Anyone know how long your inactive characters stay on account?

for ever

Any major changes to any classes?

nerf nerf nerf nerf..

Have been looking through the forums but sadly i dont recognise too many names.

many left, some rerolled, some new faces

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah baby! its all gooood ;)
Nah tbh, ToA has changed things alot..
Btw all realms dont zerg.. i know hib dont :p Alb does ofc..
Enyway hib/excal has become fotm, and some new race´s has come to..
Enyways, the game is still great fun so enjoy! ;)

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Khale said:
I wouldn't recommend it to casual gamers...

Me neither. The game is so different now that you wouldn't even recognize it. In a bad way.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Ozwin said:
Doesnt "late husband" means dead husband ? If so, I feel sorry for you. Loosing one u love is never nice, especially if he left u with a kiddie.

As Khale said, DAoC RvR is for non-casual players. BG is still fun tho, but no chance to get a bigger e-penis there (hence i dont go there ;))

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
Btw all realms dont zerg.. i know hib dont :p

grats on babeh Ozwin :>

ogen: haha u are funny xD, mabeh u should /bg join Elwizardo sometimes

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
Think I remember you! Welcome back :)

Like Khalen and others said, daoc rvr isn't really for the casual player if you want to win on a regular basis. If you don't mind joining random groups and getting killed often rvr can be fun for "casual" players aswell.

Why you might ask? With the latest expansion ToA Mythic have introduced artifacts: (mostly) hard to get items you will have to put in alot of time and effort to get, activate and level. They also introduced masterlevels: you gain extra abilities by completing special quests, which often take alot of people to pull off. So now new players have to level their char to 50, get some masterlevels, get artifacts and level those, and get money for spellcrafted armor before they can compete in rvr.

If you don't mind or even like pve ToA is the thing for you :). If you like RvR more and want to compete, expect to spend some time getting your char geared up. I myself didn't mind ToA that much, but after some months I'll be glad when it's over.

Whatever you do enjoy the game, it's still fun imo, especially after a long break :p.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
ToA takes some time to gather artifacts, money, items, scrolls, but still can be fun in places, if you don't have access to a fg of friends to help, some of toa can be very hard to do.

Master Level raids still happening, you pick em up from alb/excal section and just attend usualy.

I think the need of getting ToA equipment really depends on what kind of RvR you prefer doing, solo-fg you'll prob need to get a few things to keep up, but zergs not so much of a need.

Grats with your baby and its always nice to have more girls in the game :)

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
I took a break for a while Ozwin and tbh I'm pretty far behind alot of chars..however, I don't care :D So, if you're like me...come and play for a bit, see if you like it.

Gratz on your babies and condolences for the loss of your husband hun :fluffle:

As Jaem said, more girls in the game is always a good thing :) (and not just for the sleezy, stalker guys! :twak: )

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Yes! More games in girls please! Er...I mean, more girls in games please!! <- sleazy, stalker king

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom