Has anyone seen...

Adari

Part of the furniture
Don't think that's legal, so I'm gonna close this.

/edit I've been pointed out that this isn't illegal, just dodgy. I'll reopen it, but if any of the other mods/GOA object it'll be closed again.

Apathy

Loyal Freddie
Not speaking (or reading, as is the real problem here) French, I had to go through Babelfish. As far as I can determine, it's some kind of...well, I dunno. You can start at lvl 40 for PvP I think. Which does sound fun. But last I saw there were only 16 people online; probably all French and in the same guild.

I was going to PM you about the legality but couldn't be bothered. So hurrah to whomever pointed it out to you.

When you think about all the bizarre player-requested stuff that has EVENTUALLY gone into DAOC, I don't think it would take too much to get stuff like insta-50 and v1.36-only servers. In French.

a.

Cyfr

Banned
Well basicly, sites like the one Apathy posted, and camelotworld.de are DAoC free servers. The server has been developed from scratch in an attempt to replicate the offcial ones, and provide a free DAoC service. Now the servers are far from complete but they are implementing new things all the time, and you can't grumble since it's free :p
The player bases tend to be low, because theres lots of bugs and the games pretty incomplete compared to the real things..

Theres lot's of different servers, some will start you off at level 40 and let you pvp, some will start at level 1 and make you level, and most try to replicate the official servers in terms of NPC's etc..

Any more questions, do ask :p

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
If I ran a shard i'd remove all the 'advanced' trainers, and make all mobs lvl60. Tbh though Cyfr is right, they tend to have a low population which makes them no fun once you get over the initial "omfg so cool, so cool, so cool" stage which everyone suffers in some degree or another.

Still... Lvl1 RvR fortehwin (if they can save up enough for the medal :D)

Treyguard

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Still... Lvl1 RvR fortehwin (if they can save up enough for the medal :D)

errr you can do that in proper daoc now, without spending anything.
(Well, you would be able to if anyone actually *went* to the Proving Grounds ;) )
All new level 1 chars start off wearing a medallion to Proving grounds and there are skalds/bards/freaky-alb-things ( :p ) in at least the capitals and SI main town to get you to the border keep to port :D

Bit OT, but hey.

Cyfr

Banned
You could even make medals free on the merchants, Archeon :p

When they become more complete i'm sure the populations will rise ten fold, just people don't usualy want to play a game thats not finished, specialy when they are already paying for the finished version, they might as well play that :p

*Remembers the first time he played it, he killed one of those Ant's in alb newb zone and got a Mithril through bug* :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom