Film Harry Potter mania

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just got back from Central London. Thousands of people in Trafalgar Square & Leicester Square for the premiere of the last HP movie. Massive screens up showing clips of the movies. Loads of police & marshals. Screams from the massed crowds every 5 seconds at every appearance of one of the stars on the screens. Sounds like a great bunch of fun if you're a HP nut

One guy was interviewed on the radio this morning. He'd camped out for 8 days for this event. Hadn't washed in over a week & told us he hadn't gone to the toilet for over 24 hours (smelly wierdo). Wants to get JK's signature on his arm which he then intends to get tattood.

Trafalgar Square rolls out the red carpet for Harry | News

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Two words. Emma. Watson.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Yeah without her I wouldn't have watched the last few :p She's pretty rubbish at acting though

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I think she got less attractive as the series went on.

(joke)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Only seen the first one and was bored shitless tbh.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Don't know shit about Harry Potter, but the trailer for the new one looks pretty class.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Cant really judge the series on the first film Wij. the first one is very much for children but they get better and better as the series progresses

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Only seen trailers for them, avoided most major spoilers, planning on a marathon wathing of all..err...8?... next winter :p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Fuck.. YEAH!! I've been waiting so long for this movie!!

I go sleazy for Ron Weasley

Ormorof

FH is my second home
im going to see it next friday :)

I wasnt too keen initially after first movies, but quite like the later ones

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I got home to find my wife sobbing over the live youtube feed :s

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
So I watched part 1 of the deathly hallows tonight.

THE MOST FUCKING BORING LOAD OF SHITE I'VE EVER WASTED MY MORTAL LIFE ON.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
So I watched part 1 of the deathly hallows tonight.

THE MOST FUCKING BORING LOAD OF SHITE I'VE EVER WASTED MY MORTAL LIFE ON.

This was referred to a few posts ago and pretty much most peeps agree with.

The second part is good fun though. Fluff nazis will go have some fun doing fluff related things but most of the self indulgent teenage shite has been cut out.

Corran

Part of the furniture
part 2 is definately the best of all the films, maybe it isnt hard to say that, but it actually was semi enjoyable to watch. As they actually filmed the films darker as they went along the series improved from the kiddie fest to something watchable

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Saw this last night, was pretty good I think, didn't rate Radcliffe much before, but he does a good performance in this one.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
I have watched all the HP films as the wife is a big fan. This final one was the only one I actually liked. The one where they go inside a big tree was ok too.

The thing that annoys me is if you don't read the books you get a bit lost - I have no idea who a lot of the characters are; they pop up out of nowhere and do a bunch of important plot related stuff.

So anyway, this final film was good because there wasn't much of that, no need for a 30 minute debrief after the film so I can make sense of what just occured...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i think one of the major problems they had while filming the first few movies is that the series wasnt done, so some of the characters mentioned in the books were deemed "unimportant" in the film and cut, meaning that when they became important in the books later they had to try and squeeze them in and introduce them quickly in the movies which left me a bit baffled until i read the books

quite enjoyed the last few movies though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom