Hard to target

shaark

Loyal Freddie
Played my scout lately and from the new patch if someone is a little more far i have problem to target that person, i click on but he cant be targeted anyone have the same problem? F8 is ussles for a scout and mouse click seems the best but i cant , coze everytime when i click on enemy char is like doesnt exist, i heard someone have the same problem like me so is not the pc or conexion problem

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
its part of the patch mythic changed something but everyone has the same problem.

It doesnt go on the down click it now goes when you release the button.

Its a bit of an arse.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
this problem rly sucks, stopped play my bard because was rly rly hard to tick pac healer / sorc on INC

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
rly rly rly sucks tbh, oww fg alb, click ~10 times before having a target :( QQ mezzed

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Well, it doesnt really take longer (ok maybe 0.1 sec longer since it aquires the target when you release the button), its just that people are used to getting the target without releasing the button - just learn to click once, quickly, at a target and dont keep the button depressed (just tap the button), and you will get your target. Just takes alil getting used to.

Anyway its changed back to how it was before in the next patch.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Anyway its changed back to how it was before in the next patch.

No its not, where did you get that info from? I can tell you now that the live version in the US works exactly the same way. Clicking fast does make it better but it is still much harder than it was. Anyway, the only consolation is everyone has the same problem, it just makes tanks even more OP than casters.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Erm ok, when i tried the US trial it seemed to me that it was changed back to how it was, i could target without releasing the button anyway - I believe its been stated on these boards as well in the first threads about this problem, in the days after the patch, as well.

EDIT: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=64865
there you go

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
it is changed back to target on press in US, is atleast for me on my US account

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Erm ok, when i tried the US trial it seemed to me that it was changed back to how it was, i could target without releasing the button anyway - I believe its been stated on these boards as well in the first threads about this problem, in the days after the patch, as well.

EDIT: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=64865
there you go

Did you read the whole thread? :) Most people on there are saying it is not fixed..

Believe me it is not fixed, i just logged in and tried it.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Can someone tell me how it used to be? I have allways fast clicked because I didnt know it chose targets on mousedown, and I definetly have good aim from fps's but I allways found it hard to target fast moving people, even tho I was sure I was clicking them, its why I respeced my pac healer to mend/aug :/

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Can someone tell me how it used to be? I have allways fast clicked because I didnt know it chose targets on mousedown, and I definetly have good aim from fps's but I allways found it hard to target fast moving people, even tho I was sure I was clicking them, its why I respeced my pac healer to mend/aug :/

Used to be targeted on mousedown. Now it is on mouseup. I.e. if you hold your mouse over a target and push and hold the button you can move the mouse anywhere on the screen you will still get the target you had on mouseup. Abit irritating but I guess its just a question about getting used. :mad:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Did you read the whole thread? :) Most people on there are saying it is not fixed..

Believe me it is not fixed, i just logged in and tried it.

Well, i dunno. The person above you also says it is fixed, and as i said it seemed to me it was fixed when i played the trial (was on the classic servers so was latest patch afaik). Maybe your UI is messing it up or something, although a UI shouldnt be able to do that i think.

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
I have the same trouble... Never used mouse-hold button, was always used to click on target... with delay it gives now between click and having the enemy targeted it's almost impossible to target luris and similar small nasty kickers...
No, no, Mythic, this really WAS NOT a good idea.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
try targeting fast running jumping lurikeens far away .... :eek7:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Honza said:
Honza, Paladin LVL50 RR5L8 Blademaster ML10
LGM ACer, Siegecrafter
Herfølge Boldklub, Albion, Excalibur

dont you mean battlemaster? o_O

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It's goddam diabolical, me poor sorcs getting runover all the time cos I can't target anything, you have to freakin well track a speed player and then hope you release on target, giev up trying to land target on bards and skalds

Septina

Part of the furniture
nobugm8s.jpg

keke :eek:

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
aye its not a bug, its a feature :( mythic has already stated that

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
guess its changes back to target on release in 1.77 (patch that is on US atm) cause atm I am logged in and testing and its very much target on release

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
why in the world would you hold down a button to target something? if you miss then you will just have to get better at it, its not like it only effects one realm anyway, personaly i dotn have any problems targeting stuff, though i have always just clicked on stuff to target.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Raven said:
why in the world would you hold down a button to target something? if you miss then you will just have to get better at it, its not like it only effects one realm anyway, personaly i dotn have any problems targeting stuff, though i have always just clicked on stuff to target.

Previous this patch both ways worked, holding down would give you target and pressing and releasing would also give you target?
So why in gods name change it to start with? :]

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
there still is a delay when clicking and targeting on release even tho you do it fast, and a jumping speeding lurikeen/kobold/dwarf/inconnu or what ever small creature out there becomes harder to target which is welly annoying when trying to win a mezz

mirieth!

Banned
still the same in 1.77 on US. sucks hard, our bards can't mezz half the time doesn't really matter at the moment though as lamorak = find 1fg and then 4fg from another realm or your own realm add. rocks!

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
The whole targetting system is silly really if you're a ranged toon.

You have to click a pixel moving at speed 6 and if you click really fast then you click them and unclick them before you know what's going on. Even before this "feature" was added.

Said ages ago ,they need to replace it drag-selecting, like in RTS games you draw a box on screen by holding down the mouse button then just release and it picks whomever is in the box. Or pehaps even make it target the object/person nearest the place you click at least. If you have multiple targets it picks the nearest one, and if you draw it around a tower/keep it DOESN'T select the outpost piece.

Which brings me to another irritating problem with targetting. Whenever you're at range laying siege to a tower or keep, it's 50/50 whether you manage to select the person or the outpost piece they're outlined against instead - why not make the targetting a bit more delineated? Proper pisses me off when I try and lifedrain and nearsight a wall. Oh I dunno.

Very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom