Hard drives and Windows

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
i have two harddrives in my computer; a 20gig with windows, a 120gig with a messed up installation of windows.

atm ive got the 20gig as the master.

i took the 120gig from another computer (different hardware and such) but, if i put it master, 20 gig slave, and repair the windows installation, will the 120gig have windows on with all my old stuff still there?

danke!

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
pcg79 said:
i have two harddrives in my computer; a 20gig with windows, a 120gig with a messed up installation of windows.

atm ive got the 20gig as the master.

i took the 120gig from another computer (different hardware and such) but, if i put it master, 20 gig slave, and repair the windows installation, will the 120gig have windows on with all my old stuff still there?

danke!

No idea but that's almost exactly what my PC looks like at the moment. Bootup is so fucked up with multiple and partial windows install I'm tempted to just buy a new computer ;)

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
hmmm thats quite an expensive solution. not the ideal one since i AM a student... (i accept donations)

Clown

Part of the furniture
Leave both drives in the computer. Boot up with the 20 gig, good version of Windows. Back up the crap from the 120GB drive, and whatever you need from the 20GB, using CDs, DVDs, webspace - whatever. Format everything and have a nice fresh install to play with on both computers.

Chilly

Balls of steel
If you have encrypted content on your old windows install then youd have to fix the install and back it up, otherwise Clown's soln. is probably best - always nice to have a fresh install once and a while - especially with microsoft OSs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom