Happy to have kicked my Daoc habit

S

Solarius

All of those above problems could be solved one way - enemy collision detection. If you can attack it, you can't go through it.

Not being a programmer, I have no idea how easy/impossible this would be however!

S

Sarnat

Originally posted by old.Jable
Ultima seems mature enough ... a proper economy

You mean the proper economy where you could make money out of thin air by buying, doing a simple thing to the item and selling it higher. And some people used this to pump huge amounts of cash and then sell it on eBay... A link to the story was posted on catacombs front page a while ago... look it up

S

Sarnat

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
You just have to be patient the American client has loads of new adds including the current make a new char which starts at 30 if you already have a lvl 50 char

Actually on most servers/realms you can only make L20s... Dunno what the GOA policy is going to be.

O

old.Jable

Originally posted by Sarnat
You mean the proper economy where you could make money out of thin air by buying, doing a simple thing to the item and selling it higher. And some people used this to pump huge amounts of cash and then sell it on eBay... A link to the story was posted on catacombs front page a while ago... look it up

yeah i know about that - 20 banks of pcs all repeating an exploit. that kind of w***** can really ruin a game. luckily as far as i know its been fixed now. certainly its no reason to write the game off - i cant express in words how much more i enjoy playing UO atm. theres just so much more to do, compared to something like Daoc.

S

szerena

:) I am so happy that I have so much more to discover then.. *LOL* Only played Daoc for 1½ month so yay to me! I am so looking forward to discover the areas around.
I was at Varulvahamn for the first time 3 days ago! :D

H

HargloweHyfryd

Wow, Jable, you're starting to convince me to check out UO (againish, I might add, as I played closed beta for about 2 weeks - didn't see or do much then though).

mmmmm.......I'll sleep on it a bit :D

D

Danya

Originally posted by Solarius
All of those above problems could be solved one way - enemy collision detection. If you can attack it, you can't go through it.

Not being a programmer, I have no idea how easy/impossible this would be however!
Then you get things like mages running forward to cast then fleeing through a solid wall of tanks and you can't follow them etc. :p
Collision detection really needs to be designed in from the start, you can;t just bolt it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom