"Happy slapping"

Gray

FH is my second home
Apparently this is a new "craze" which is sweeping Britain by storm, which started off down London, and when it was first done it was broadcasted over onto the internet.

Basically its a group of people, one has a Phone (Preferable Video Phone) while another person "slaps" or "attacks" an innocent bystander. It seems to have hit off mainly with teenagers in schools, and definatly judging by their clothes you can tell who it is who is doing it (ie.. The friendly neighbourhood Chavs!)

I first read about it in work earlier today on the BBC Website and now i just seen its on ITV on that News thing.

The only thing i dislike is how they are pinning the blame on others - They mentioned shows like "Jackass" and "Dirty Sanchez" as being possibles in this, which i find ridiculous.

They have already banned Video-Phones from schools where its happening, but half of the teachers dont know anything about phones, how will they know that <x> phone has Video Capailities. If they are blaming the shows above, what about blaming 3G handsets for giving it the opportunity... Or hell! Why not ban the internet! As thats where it all began.

I seen a few interviews and it has to be said, there was some vile acts on there, unprovoked attacks just like a man being set on fire (Which was "funny") and knocking on peoples doors and whacking them... :/

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Some dickheads in my school started doing this a couple of years ago. I've been sat on buses before now and seen a group of teenagers slap a complete stranger and then leg it off the bus. Its really fucking lame to be honest.

Fucking youth of today, eh... :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Sadly most of them don't have the balls to do it one on one.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i wish prescot would go happy slap some of those little shit bags.
im sick of this culture of blaming shit on other stuff. if they were stable in the mind then they wouldnt do it, regardless if they seen it on tv. for a start, on the programs above, they dont do it to strangers. i can see a whole new sweep of bannings coming along. if its not games, it tv, if its not tv its films. why cant people take responsibility and other people realise that some kids are fucked up. its not hard. i noticed books havent been blamed yet. maybe because these scum bags are too stupid to read books?

Tilda

tris- said:
i wish prescot would go happy slap some of those little shit bags.
im sick of this culture of blaming shit on other stuff. if they were stable in the mind then they wouldnt do it, regardless if they seen it on tv. for a start, on the programs above, they dont do it to strangers. i can see a whole new sweep of bannings coming along. if its not games, it tv, if its not tv its films. why cant people take responsibility and other people realise that some kids are fucked up. its not hard. i noticed books havent been blamed yet. maybe because these scum bags are too stupid to read books?
From what I gather, he was going to, but he ran and got 20 of his friends :D Then his security crew laid the smacketh down :D
<chuckles> 20 chavs VS 5 bodyguards + 1 rampant John Prescot

Its a fucking aweful thing to do tbh, in Southampton there have been several people walking back from uni to get setup by rabid packs of chavs.
There should be mandatory sterilisation of anybody who is both guilty of a crime, while wearing burberry/baseball caps/on the dole :D

Clown

Part of the furniture
Man. They're cowards, yes. They're pricks, yes. But if you tried to take on any of the kids down here, you wouldn't find it easy. Stop the internet macho bullshit.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah everyone did it when the tango adverts where popular, but no one had video phones then.

In South London I have seen videos of groups of boys rushing and beatig the shit out of other people. They did this for no other reason than showing off the video of it.

I think slapping is far preferable to the above, however I agree, if some student shit decided it would be funny, I would also find it funny to bury their phone up their arsehole.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
tris- said:
i noticed books havent been blamed yet. maybe because these scum bags are too stupid to read books?

The books were blamed before tv, radio and internet came along.

Every time something happens, the mainstream media gets the blame and it rolls off it's back like water from a ducks arse. The way it goes.

Deady

Fledgling Freddie
Well you can argue that its their own fault - but tbh its also televisions fault too.

Hopefully that programme that was on TV last night about it will maybe prepare some people. Less shock and wtf = more retaliation?

Marc

FH is my second home
eeeee when i were a lad and shep were a pup, knock a door run was about as far as we would go.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Clown said:
Man. They're cowards, yes. They're pricks, yes. But if you tried to take on any of the kids down here, you wouldn't find it easy. Stop the internet macho bullshit.

Allow me to retort sir. Got stopped by about 3 of the fuckers once and they said "give us your fucking phone". To which I carefully removed my jacket and then replied "Ok lads, if you want my fucking phone then try and take it. Which one of you wants to be fucking first?"

True story, although I'm sure I was very lucky in that my reckless display of bravado unsettled them.

Could tell you several other similar stories from work too, but I *could* be breaking the official secrets act if I did.

On topic: Smack the fuckers good and proper. Preferably with a length of 4x2.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Hehehe Staz, played :D

I have said this before but a chav spat on my car as I drove past. There was about 10 or so I guess. Anyways, I stopped, I was livid, a few of them ran off but the little tit who spat on my car stayed and tried to be tough.

When I left he was in tears, bitch slapped the little prick.

I aren't saying I'm tough and I am very placid usually but stuff like this angers me to the point of exploding.

I hope they film themselves getting stamped on by me if they try it.

GRRRRRRRRRR!

Fear teh Trem! :eek:

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Heh.

I'd love to see a chav do it to one of my mates whom happens to be experienced in akido.

I think the chav would slap him and he'd turn round and break their arm, sounds like an appropriate punishment tbh. :p

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'd like to happy slap quite a few people in this thread.

Not Trem tho. He's wubly.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
It makes me wonder if I googled hard enough whther I'd find video clips of my own car on fire. :/

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Found this in another forums while googling about Happy Slapping, apparently it's english....

look happy slaps is a minor ting... if das wat ppl wanna do for entertainment den let dem....
da 1 wen a girl is gettin chirpsed den she gets slapped is in harrow bus station... d 1 where d bus conductor gets terrorised nd dere all countin down is on d 140 bus... my man nd his bredjins made sum of dem nd yee it iz a joke but dey do go OTT nd my man knos i disaprove of it... but yannow soon dey will get dun fo it nd it will teech dem not to do it agen... STANDERD"

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
If anyone wants a translation for Kenny's quote I'm happy to provide one. Once you can translate for Yaka, you can translate for anyone :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
---
---
first of all, they are like 12-13? maybe 14 at the most. now if someone over 18 is scared of some little kids then maybe you deserve a happy slapping.
arnt you responsible for your actions over the age of 10? so these people are commiting GBH and what not and making their own evidence. by law would we be allowed to respond with reasonable force? like happydropkicking their asses back to the gutter?
i bet if one of these happy slappers got hit them selves, theyd be onto the police and it would be all over the news. and the innocent guy would probably be taken to court. if a group of kids came upto me and one of them hit me then i would assume they are trying to mug me. kicking them in the face is then reasonable force to protect your life, if they happen to be carrying a concealed weapon too.

Gray

FH is my second home
.3gp ?

isnt that the extension that Sony Ericsson use... I cant remember if its Real Player or Quicktime that plays em... gaha

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It's the movie format for all video playing phones afaik. Realplayer can handle them.

Gray

FH is my second home
got em going in Quicktime... Shame that website is oh so slow :S

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
On the topic of internet macho it's pretty easy for men in their prime to talk about standing up to these people because if they are just high school kids then I can't see them doing much if you don't just stand there and take it like some of their targets in those vids.

I think it'd be a lot harder to step and confront them if they were targetting someone else though.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
tris- said:
oh and if you really wanna see em, http://66.160.135.81/misc/videos/
these arnt just slapping people ffs, people being assaulted in their own homes and someone getting cash nicked at the machine.

Ok, I'm not racist int he slightest but I did notice that ALL but in all but ONe of those vids the culprits were lacks kids. What's up with that?

I googled and saw that on other forums it's being blamed on some influence from G-Unit. I don't know what they're singing or what 50c is trying to influence but wtf is up with this culture? It's all a pussy fucking culture. Slapping people and jumping iff the train at a station, slapping people who're asleep, slapping people from behind. All a bunch of fucking pussies.

I've never been started on in my life. Don't know why, don't care but. Bravado aside, if someone came up to me and just slapped me, the first instinct would be to grab hold of whatever I could get, be it limb or clothing and the next would be to pummel the fuck out of it.

the little shits deserve to not get slapped, but to get fucking put down, physically, verbally and permantently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom