Halp! zip passwords...

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Browsing through an old hdd of mine, I stubled accross a zip file that I protected with a password a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, I can´t remember the password. Does anyone know a way to retrieve the password, either via (a freeware) tool or manually?

- English -

Resident Freddy
Browsing through an old hdd of mine, I stubled accross a zip file that I protected with a password a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, I can´t remember the password. Does anyone know a way to retrieve the password, either via (a freeware) tool or manually?

The only ones ive seen to try crack rar files have been a simple program looping through various common words that people use for password for example "1234". It never worked for me though. Maybe theres something better out there.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
You need whats called a "Bruteforcer", it cycles through every possible combination of answers, I've used one before and it takes absolutely ages. It could take up to weeks of solid processing time depending on how long/complex the password is.

Also, finding bruteforcers that don't come with some kind of nasty malware/trojan can be a real challenge as well - best to use an old Pc or laptop you dont mind having to format a few times while you're looking :)

Unless its really quite important I'd recommend not bothering tbh, it can be a real pain in the backside.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
just redownload your pron. it's not that hard!

(oooo see what I did there?????)

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
The following statement has not been researched at all since I can't be arsed. Now then, have you tried to right-click explore? Don't know if that would be protected as well but if not maybe you could just copy and paste the stuff from inside the folder -shrug-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom