HALP! I need to kill throd in CSS :/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Righto guys and gals, I am getting this error message in CSS everytime i try to connect to a server, it gets to about 3/4 of the loading bar compete then crashes to windows with a HL2 engine error "internal driver error in IDirect3dDevice9::present()"

I have tried changing AA and anti aliasing settings, I have upgraded gfx card drivers. I am using a ati 1950xtx. I do not want a solution that means me playing in a lower res or using an older DX version. I changed nothing software wise to get this error in the first place, Steam itself may have auto updated something.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tried verifying the local game cache in steam?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
check, also just re-installed Dx9c.

It is bizarre, talking through the problem with beav and dys on irc. Changed nothing. It still failed after the Dx reinstall. Then I tried the video stress test, that worked fine, and the joining a server worked fine. It seems i may have to run the video stress test before joining a server :(

Also teedles, you need to be around for some CSS :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Sorry mate I would have suggested verifying the steam cache but thats already been done.

Might be extreme but have you considered deleting and then reloading css?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
it was the blob file. Thanks dys :) I had honestly not thought of such a simple fix everything. Was wasting my time chaning settings and reinstalling drivers.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Samm is on her blob file next week :(

Dukat

Resident Freddy
to kill throd, you first need a throd-trap, I recommend something along the lines of the complex circuit diagram below:

Taco_Trap-756304.JPG

the more cheese and bacon used the better!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Trem: Don't forget teedles pms caption compo pic :)

Pikey: LOL

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
why did you mute me last night....................

my northern gruff voice too much for your jessie ears ?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
it was the blob file. Thanks dys :) I had honestly not thought of such a simple fix everything. Was wasting my time chaning settings and reinstalling drivers.

No problem.

The file must get corrupted easily is my guess so any problems that arise from nowhere the blob file delete option seems to fix it!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
why did you mute me last night....................

my northern gruff voice too much for your jessie ears ?

Cause I had the TV on as well, and pointless babble in voicecomms irritates me.

Infact a lot irritates me in CS, a fact which I am quickly realising is still true :) I must have spent half my time moaning or whinging about teammates actions. It's a team game and cannot stand it when people play it as a DM game. T's that run off with the bomb are the worse. But people that cannot flash come a close second, along with people who cannot leave spawn quickly enough.

You are actually lucky that I am not on voicecomms, let alone brooky. There would be a stream of obscenities everytime someone did something wrong :p

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Cause I had the TV on as well, and pointless babble in voicecomms irritates me.

Infact a lot irritates me in CS, a fact which I am quickly realising is still true :) I must have spent half my time moaning or whinging about teammates actions. It's a team game and cannot stand it when people play it as a DM game. T's that run off with the bomb are the worse. But people that cannot flash come a close second, along with people who cannot leave spawn quickly enough.

You are actually lucky that I am not on voicecomms, let alone brooky. There would be a stream of obscenities everytime someone did something wrong :p

Its the same for everyone to a lesser or greater extent I think Chet matey :) I get annoyed by the whine mostly - we get a bit on voice comms sometimes, and I admit I'm also sometimes the one doing it :) I think the best idea is to call everyone a **** and laugh about it, otherwise you go all weird like throd :D

Debaser

One of Freddy's beloved
Maybe he's normal and we're the weird ones.. ooohhh....

Where can I buy one of those traps anyway?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Maybe he's normal and we're the weird ones.. ooohhh....

Where can I buy one of those traps anyway?

Well, they're normally sold on street corners by strange men called "Jeb", but you have to buy the throd-bait seperately I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom