half-ogre

T

Tobold

-Q: What classes can the new races of Atlantis be?

A: Remember that we're still a month and a few days away from launching Trials of Atlantis, so this is subject to change. Right now, here's how things stand:

Frostalf: Thane, Healer, Runemaster, Spiritmaster, Shaman
Shar: Hero, Champion, Blademaster, Ranger, Nightshade, Mentalist
Half Ogre: Armsman, Mercenary, Cabalist, Wizard, Theurgist, Sorceror

so, albions new 'warrior' (eg. high str+con) will be able to play all the casters... but not a hybrid?

L

Laston

they don´t fit for paladin do they? and they prolly pretty dumb...

L

-Lonewolf-

SHARMA THEY ROCK UUUUUUUUU!

Heres another one just for you buddy

Well?

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
SHARMA THEY ROCK UUUUUUUUU!

Heres another one just for you buddy

Well?
Please.

I want to ram it down the throat of the head designer at Mythic for creating this crap.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

At least they can't become Paladins anymore! :D

~dances for joy~

They still suck though. Gotta kill 'em all!

O

old.Ramas

Originally posted by Laston
they don´t fit for paladin do they? and they prolly pretty dumb...

According to the story, actually they do fit for a paladin (though Mythic have said no to Pally H/Os). And Mythic have said outright they have above average INT (taken to mean 70 by most people).

But anyway, it seems the stat speculation, if correct means H/O are only arguably the best race for a 2h/pole armsman or for a slash/crush merc.

And even in these cases it is debatable.

So hopefully we won't see many about.

T

The Kingpin

Me thinks they have same stats as firby..

+10 intel not +10 emp tho...

Half-Orge casters, walking rps imo :D

H

Hargh

looks like RP fluff only, altho i do LOVE RP fluff cos in mid it's

hit harder
more hps
faster casting

eg
troll
dwarf
kobbie

on a stats basis, frostalf will need to be better at one of these. maybe a fast casting thane :D

don't get me wrong i love oomans but in almost every case, stat wise, another race is better.

S

Sarnat

Originally posted by Hargh

hit harder
more hps
faster casting

eg
troll
dwarf
kobbie

You forget that frostalf has high piety ie. it would make the "hit hard" caster race. Absolutely nothing wrong with frosties!

H

Hargh

No, I jsut was ignorant of it :D

Ah so harder hitting cave spells for shammys too?? What piety do they get? 70?

P

Pin

Originally posted by Tobold
so, albions new 'warrior' (eg. high str+con) will be able to play all the casters... but not a hybrid?

Nope, they're High Str+Int, Low Dex. No mention of Con anywhere (probably just average).

Low Dex means they're kinda crap for a caster.

But I'm waiting on stat confirmation before I roll my Merc ;)

O

old.Tohtori

Frostalf: Stretched kobby painted light blue.

Half-Ogre: Well atleast we know where Hulk Hogan went. Anyway looks like something a troll and that buttugly bigass race of hibby made up in a hilltent while bored.

Shar: ...well...sharchar...muaha...just another norse with a few twigs stuck up it's ars...err...head.

Go go power-modellers!

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Tobold

Personally id like to see them become a reaver - would make a change from the norm.

S

Sard-Nair

Troll > Ogre still ! Albion dont/shouldnt have big ugly classes accept Highlander !

B

Balbor

lets see, half oger, no point being a caster cause dex to low to be fast enough to cast, and high str only good for carrying more loot. And for a tanks 10 extra points in Int is 10 point you'll never see again and low dex/quickness already a problem for Highlanders. Unlike mids who have all bug one of there magic using classes using the same stat (Piety) there not much point having a high Str/Int class. Its not like we already have 2 high Int classes as it is, on of which is only good as a caster, and the other as caster and rogue (whats the point of a Iconnu Reaver).

Sounds like they will be like like Fribolgs but with Int, ok for them as Bards/wardens make use of high Str.

I idea i think was to have a good tank, caster and rogue class and one that an all rounder, but with mid they made 3 good tank and a good rogue, and the unbalencing of the game got wider from there.

Oh and someone tell me why Avalonions have high Qui, is it so they swing there stick faster in melee at the oncoming troll?

V

Vell

Complaining because Half-Ogre stats are bad? Take a look at the Valkyn's stats. Just as useless, really.

O

old.Twonker

Originally posted by Vell
Take a look at the Valkyn's stats. Just as useless, really.

Least they get free membership to the ministry of silly walks though

R

Roo Stercogburn

I remember when we got SI looking at the stats of the Valkyn and thinking there was no class I'd want to make with that pile of shit :D

Midgard might have done best with the classes we got from SI, but we sure lost out when it came to races.

Will be interesting to see the stats on the Frosty when finalised :)

V

Vell

Originally posted by Hargh
Guessing S50 C50 D60 Q60 P70

Then we're missing 10 points, as average should be 60. So maybe P80 or D70 or something.

K

klavrynd

-Lonewolf- don't hotlink my pictars mistar!

B

Balbor

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
I remember when we got SI looking at the stats of the Valkyn and thinking there was no class I'd want to make with that pile of shit :D

Midgard might have done best with the classes we got from SI, but we sure lost out when it came to races.

Will be interesting to see the stats on the Frosty when finalised :)

but thats not really importaint, though is it. Frostalf will probably be like an elf but with high Pie instead of int. Half-oger will probably be like Fri-bolg with Int instead of Emp

New races are more for something new to look at and don't really have a huge effect on the outcome of things

D

denser

RR5+ Shar NS.

If they have decent con, they'll rock hard.

S

Silenzio

mmm so mid maybe will earn a 60 60 60 stat char (they lak)

eventho would be nice that frost could be able in some other fighting class not only thane... maybe not zerk but why not warior or skald...

half-ogre
Cabalist ? how odd will looks like as a lury chanter with a luri pet

pff

btw half ogres rlly looks crap

O

old.Ramas

imo the realms should have got, or should get next time....

Hib : Proper caster race - stats along the lines of the alb fishmidgets.

Mid: A Briton with a different name.

Alb: High con HUMAN race (dwarf stats)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom