Half-Life update problem

C

C4

I had just installed the new update (1.009 - 1.010) and everything worked fine. Then, I get an error message
"Your Half-Life executable has been modified, check system for virus's and re-install Half-Life"
Hmmm. So, I checked for virus's and found none. I then re-installed HL and the two patches I have. When i tried to install the newest patch, I get the error message:
"Cannot update pak0.pak, it is not a valid previous version"
Hmmmm. Stuck again. I totally uninstalled HL from my machine, tried again. It didn't work.
I then formatted my hard drive (yes, I am boring, HL means THAT much to me), and re-installed Windows, and Hl. The same problem happeded again. At this point I was dying for a multiplayer game and had to play Q2 instead (no offence to Q2). If anyon out there has the same problem, or they have an answer, please help me!

C4

A

asandir

That sounds real nasty, C4

'Fraid I can't help you though 'cause the patch worked fine for me
smile.gif

T

[TR]Pakman

If I were you I would check the newsgroups - alt.games.half-life and
alt.games.half-life.tfclassic on Dejanews, there has been loads of posts about the patch.

------------------
"Be vevy, vevy quiet. I'm hunting wabbits"

Elmer Fudd

S

Sres

I didn't have any probs of note, only thing is I can't connect to BW servers TFC from my Nildram account anymore...

And to make things worse, I can't connect proper to my Barrysworld account :/

Also noticed that one of my maps is different compared to the server map on an inferior TFC Server elsewhere
smile.gif

Sres

C

C4

OK, so nobody else has this problem?
Damn! I was hoping sombody might have had the answer. Thanx for your help tho. I'll check it out.

C4

O

old.C4

Finally, I have fixed it! The problem was my RAM of all things, it was knackered. Hope to be whooping your asses soon! Thanx for help

C4

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom