Half-Life Update for v1.0.1.1

O

old.Gunner

I have HL v1.0.1.1 - which seems to be the only v. with no update available. Anyone know how I can update to play over the net?

O

old.bee

reinstall half-life and use the the 1.0.1.0 to 1.0.1.6 patch (15mb+ I think) or get the latest mag and get the patch from there.

O

old.Kez

He can't, 1011 is the Game Of the Year edition thus he has an install that takes him straight to 1011..

sadly I can't find any 1011 links either :/

------------------
Kez the l33t
firemuffin@fuckyou.co.uk

A

Atomic Rammer

I've only ever had the game of the year edition, when I clicked on update halflife or whatever I updated no probs.

O

old.bee

DOH! of course...use the automatic update thing...how silly of me
smile.gif

O

old.Kez

yeh true, although thats the single most inconvient method I can think of, what if you wanna uninstall? you've gotta redownload it once you reinstall, where as if it was a self-downloaded exe. then it wouldn't require red/ling... silly valve monkees, when will they learn what "support" means?

------------------
Kez the l33t
firemuffin@fuckyou.co.uk

O

old.Gunner

Sorry - should have mentioned that auto-update doesn't work - says there are no updates available. I have also tried the 1.0.1.0 patch, that doesn't work either. Game of the year edition sucks. Discuss.

O

old.Kez

Well I've looked on bw ftp, & fileplanet with no sucess, so yer best bet is to contact valve &/or PHL and ask them whats up with it?

or find a copy of HL 1005 on the cheap.

------------------
Kez the l33t
firemuffin@fuckyou.co.uk

O

old.Gunner

Thanks for your efforts all - still no success. Luckily I have a CDR and a mate who'll lend me his copy to copy.
My advice to all is not to buy the "Game of the year" edition, you do get a free T-shirt (whooppee shit) but you're on your own - no playing over the net and no tec support.
It's a waste of £35 - I'm against piracy in general, but only if games companies can be bothered to make sure their software works properly.

A

Atomic Rammer

Errrr...

Like I said, I got the game of the year edition and it works fine.

I didn't get a t-shirt in it tho, but it had TFC in. Thats the one we're talking about right?

O

old.Kez

well done finding the eeeeeevil link, stupid won should've given out nice mirrors
frown.gif

On the matter of the cd-key thing, I don't think the cdkey depends on the version you are running, thus if he burned a CD from a friend & used his GOTY edition key, I suspect it would work.

------------------
Kez the l33t
firemuffin@fuckyou.co.uk

O

old.Gunner

Sydeereal - The GOTY edition comes with "Opposing Force" in a box-set (with a T-shirt). Trust me, auto-update doesn't work.
(I'll try the update on the won ftp site and hope it works!)

O

old.bee

The one with opposing forces is called "Generations" (i think)

The "game of the year" version came out nearly a year ago.

Mr.Bee

O

old.Gunner

For the benefit of anyone else who's had trouble with the "Generations" edition, I have found a solution - install the update on the Opposing Forces disk (10051015.exe) followed by the 1015-1016 update (which you will need to download). For some reason, the 1005 update I downloaded didn't work. No thanks to Sierra Tech Support, who are basically crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom