Half life 2 and steam

Kelan

Fledgling Freddie
Wat a bloody joke this is,has any1 managed to actually get to play it yet thro all the bumf of install this registar that etc etc ? Whatever was valve+vivendi on when they came up with this steam idea :puke:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Took me about an hour to get it working here in the office.
Pretty crappy registrationsystem IMO. And it promptly crashed Windows after trying to change some gfx settings while I had a "not up-to-date" driver.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
vivendi would rather have that steam didnt exist as they dont get any money from sales through steam ;).
Other than that dont have steam nor HL2 so cant help you with advice on installing.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I played it fine. No problems here.

I think Steam is great.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Steaming pile of shit.
But, I had no problems activating it at around 2pm when I woke up :D

Comos

Loyal Freddie
don't ever say valve+vivendi cuz the 2 haven't done any thing 'together' yet. One lawsuit after another between the 2 companies...
Vivendi wants nothing more then to see Steam go away, so they can make some more money distributing HL2, as they would be the only ones selling it. As any other publishing company they did SHIT to make HL2 what it is today, all they do is steal Valve's money and put their sticker on the box. It was a very good idea of Valve to make steam; never before have designers been able to sell their OWN games without some greedy publisher like VUG stealing their hard earned cash. Sure steam is not perfect yet, it's the first of its kind.
VUG even threatened Valve to hold back HL2 for several months... proves what a bunch of ***** they really are.

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
biggest problem i had was that i don't have a DvD player xD.

playing hl2 on some stupid crap computer now, looks uber with that comp too tho :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom