HAHA! GOA famous already ;)

S

SFXman

This is a translation from a part of an article in Finland's largest PC magazine that I just received today:

As the US DAoC is getting better by each patch, the cheaper EU version has constantly been suffering thanks to the company GOA. To europe the only new additions that have arrived are the dragons, and the next patch is due in June - reason being the translation into german and french. On top of this, the bugs/exploits found in the US version are being fixed in europe with a delay, and the players find out about them before this. The EU-versions official forums were closed aswell recently - most likely due to the fact that GOA couldn't take the constant negative feedback. Many have already started again on the US servers, even though it means buying another version of the game and a more expensive monthly fee.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHH!!!!!!!!! GOA aren't getting a very good reputation :(

O

old.ZonithWymkeeper

As Nixon's head says in Futurama:

"That's right, kick when they're down, thats my style"

Although GOA has never been standing up, in regards to criticism

O

old.Kelmon

<SARCASM>
It's not a matter of kicking when they're down. The only ones who created and can fix the mess up is GOA. It's not our job to do that for them.. Pretty much the only thing we CAN do is complain. :p Getting bad press might mean GOA will try a bit harder not to make a mess of things. (Though at this point, the damage is already done.)

Guess closing down the forums to avoid bad press didn't help, when PC Magazines are mentioning the same thing. Good luck in closing those magazines down. ;D
</SARCASM>

O

old.Xarr

haha, funny :)

goa sure needs to improve now if they want to recruit new customers at all...

S

Sazyasha

How about just giving us our patches and they can have theirs later, if they want to have the patches fast, start learning a 2nd language!

X

Xtro

I love how you are laughing at GOA but you're the ones paying for their service?

Who's laughing more? :D

EDIT: and no, I dont play on EU daoc :p

O

old.Xarr

well not all of us realized when we started playing eu daoc that the patching would be this delayed. if we had we wouldn't have started, now would we? :rolleyes:

and i'm guessing a whole lot doesn't want to go through levelling a new main on the us servers so that kinda narrows it down.

i'm gonna check out mordred when it arrives, but that's just because i'm a sucker for PvP hell :flame:

O

old.ViU

rofl...
and you still havent gotten the patch? have GOA said a word since I left at least? (viu checks camelot-europe), oh.. 2 new.. Gorre opening _in a while_ hmm... (viu cares)

anyways good luck with GOA, I at least know I will never buy any game distribued by them at least.

O

old.tuppe

yep, read same from that magazine :)
fun is that magazine was one point why i started look this game when they had short story.
some reason this game is not even close top10 :cool: Finland.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by Xarr
yeah, just give us the US patches :D

loads of people will not play under the servers of goa soon.
*whistle*

O

old.Ayeye

Probably it was me that has written that article!
I'm very happy that Goa little by little has to face these flames on very important magazines.

O

old.Vae

Ok I'm presuming it's not just me but have GOA also removed the link from their website to these forums because it looks to me like they have.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

have you also noticed how Kemor doesnt show his face here anymore??

X

Xtro

yeah I was thinking the same Gombur...hmm bit sad isn't it. :(

O

old.Gombur Glodson

wish I had bought US from the start.
I would have 4 lvl 50 then and be living happely untill the arrival of swg

O

old.Zhildrua

Originally posted by vajb
How about just giving us our patches and they can have theirs later, if they want to have the patches fast, start learning a 2nd language!

Yeah, and a third english server is also not necessary, if you want to play all 3 realms, start learning a 2nd language! :rolleyes:

O

old.Gombur Glodson

there is 4 german servers and 3 french servers but only 2 english
and fyi I speak Danish, english and german

O

old.Zhildrua

I was just applying vajb's logic on the third server discussion to get a certain point across. Guess my irony was too subtle :)

O

old.Cordain

I really really hope someone sends that quote to peeps at GOA.

They should separate the english servers from french and german ones and start patching them straight to the version on US servers.

They could also make the 3rd english server then because I really think it would generate much bigger player base on english servers
if the patches were as close to US version as possible.

D

deadparrot

Most englsh pple already played the american version before it was released in europe, and to be honest delayed patches/bad support isnt gonna tempt them over to this version.

O

old.Baza

I just want to know why GOA got the job in the first place, because to my understanding they have never done anything like this, only things like cs. When surely the game need's some expertise, not some company who says that they will try hard, and want people to expect there to be a learning curve. Nuf' said.

S

SFXman

This thread got popular :)
I remember reading that article the first time.... it starts out all normal (which I did not quote) but then when it got to the part I translated I started laughing my ass off :D
Great stuff I must say...

O

old.Breydel

I love how you are laughing at GOA but you're the ones paying for their service?

Haha, indeed. :)

Breydel
44 warden MLF

S

SFXman

But it aint that much money soooo... what's your point :)
Not laughing, I guess most are complaining. I just find this particular incident funny...

O

old.Breydel

Don't get me wrong, I found that article you posted a joy to read too. :) But Xtro's comment got me laughing it out too. :p

Off to bed now, see ya SFX. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom