Hackers hit Internet Backbone

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"Mischief or money"

What about epeen? They're forgetting the hackers epeen.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Bahumat said:
i blame Chronictank
you always blame me ! even if im not in the same area code at the time

btw The Black magician triloy arrived today :D
ordered them all off amazon for £8 total!

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Old news for those in the know ;p

And as for them saying it had no impact, well I noticed although i didn't know exactly what had broken or why

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
you always blame me ! even if im not in the same area code at the time

btw The Black magician triloy arrived today :D
ordered them all off amazon for £8 total!

Yaay :) The first book does not reveal much of the story so its almost a stepping stone for the others. If you find some parts are a little slow dont worry, it gets much better :)

p.s. look out for "Hai" and "Pursed Lips" hahaha you'll understand soon enough

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
not worked in networks for about 2 years:)

You don't have to work in networks just have close ties to your DNS server.

If u run your own DNS then no doubt it will be configured to forward all non local request to one or all of the 13 root servers, so if u run your own DNS servers you would have noticed a slow down in resolution, or your users would be like wtf is with theis webpage being sooo slow.

And then we realise the advanatges of caching, and then we come back to that age old newbie bich about their isp's using cached pages and how annoying it might be for them. :p

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Mojo said:
You don't have to work in networks just have close ties to your DNS server.

If u run your own DNS then no doubt it will be configured to forward all non local request to one or all of the 13 root servers, so if u run your own DNS servers you would have noticed a slow down in resolution, or your users would be like wtf is with theis webpage being sooo slow.

And then we realise the advanatges of caching, and then we come back to that age old newbie bich about their isp's using cached pages and how annoying it might be for them. :p
hehe i work in development now, i dont even see the real network other than to surf FH :D but i thought it better not to tell my boss that ^^

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hackers are arseholes!

*pc promptly crashes, toaster assumes a life of its own and tries to devour the guinea pigs and then the microwave blows up*

see!!

see!!!!!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
A denial-of-service attack is a bit like fourteen fat men trying to get into an elevator - nothing can move," explained Graham Cluley, senior consultant at security firm Sophos.

this made me laugh :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom