Hacked

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
As the title says.

I've had 30P taken off my account, and thats it.

If anybody has seen GIMPSTREL in Gothwaite harbor this evening standing next to another character PLEASE help me catch this fuckhead.

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
I have...

They said find out more info if I can, so thats what I'm doing

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
I just tryed something VARY wird imo. I read ur post here, and first, im vary vary sorry for what has happend, i hope mythic/GoA can fix the case and u can get ur stuff back.
I read it wrong like u lost ur chars, so i did a /who Gimpstrel, got no anwser at all, did it again and still nothing happend, didnt get "no mactes" just seemed like the command was dead, did /who Wazkyr and it worked well... wird. Then i did /send Gimpstrel lo m8. and INSTALNLY after 0.01 sec after i pressed enter i got "ur connecion has been lost with the server, an error has ecoured.

Seems either im bugged, or something spoky going on, went to bot, did /who gimpstrel, worked fine, said u wasnt ingame, then did /send gimpstrel, said u wasnt ingame. Just wanted to tell this, as i found it vary vary wird

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm... why do you actually care? as you're quitting on sunday I don't see what you'd need the plats for anyway? :m00:
and at the end of the day it will probably be one of your mates you shared the account info with (or the infamous little brother) who thought: "oh, lets get some cash before the account is closed" :twak:
good luck anyway!

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Doink-666 said:
Typical response from them :(

qq

fyi GM's spend quite a lot of their time retracing (and if it's still there returning) stuff to people they lost due to "hacking" ... it takes a lot of time (time they could be spending organizing events and dealing with your rightnows) and 9 out of 10 times it just ends up being becuase people shared their account details.

Not saying Gimp shared his password ofc

Also asking the hacked player to give as much information as he/she can doesn't seem like a weird response.

RoshiaPendard

Fledgling Freddie
Wazkyr, if you were in housing then there is your explanation, that zone crashed a couple of times yesterday, I also got booted with the message "An error has occured, You have been disconnected" :)

kra

Loyal Freddie
Humm, I transfered cash from Camlann to Pryd yesterday and looked like Gimpstrel was indeed trading something with, the one I was transfering with, Vaultboty (or something very similar) at Gothwaite. Can check when was it when I get home. The amount was 22p I got from him so wouldn't be surprised if it was him. :eek:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Chrystina said:
hmmm... why do you actually care? as you're quitting on sunday I don't see what you'd need the plats for anyway? :m00:
and at the end of the day it will probably be one of your mates you shared the account info with (or the infamous little brother) who thought: "oh, lets get some cash before the account is closed" :twak:
good luck anyway!
Now that's not nice -.-
Still a while farming for 30p, I wouldn't want to lose all my money or items or whatever even if i were quitting either.

kra

Loyal Freddie
I gave the money on Camlann at 18:33 GMT yesterday so if it was him he traded the cash from Gimpstrel at around 18:25 I guess. The one I gave cash to on Camlann was named Sarishi.

Edit: oh and the name on Pryd was Vaultboty for sure. Had a screenshot of me receiving the money afterall. ;o

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
Now that's not nice -.-
Still a while farming for 30p, I wouldn't want to lose all my money or items or whatever even if i were quitting either.
you can't quit ... you tried, you failed ... :cheers:
I was just being honest and drew the most likely scenario (shared account details holder wanting to get something out of the account before it's closed) ... why would anyone else bother trying to "hack" an acocunt without knowing what he can find there? and a real "hacker" would have striped him nekkid anyway and grabbed some items. so the conclusion my dear Mr. Watson is that it was an insider job (like 99% of all other "hack" incidents) :m00:

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
RoshiaPendard said:
Wazkyr, if you were in housing then there is your explanation, that zone crashed a couple of times yesterday, I also got booted with the message "An error has occured, You have been disconnected" :)

I was in housing with Wazkyr, indead, and not with mebra, wird corincident i guess then, still hope Gimpstrel gets his money back if hes leaving or not (plz dont do so m8, stay, just play a little less)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Chrystina said:
you can't quit ... you tried, you failed ... :cheers:
I was just being honest and drew the most likely scenario (shared account details holder wanting to get something out of the account before it's closed) ... why would anyone else bother trying to "hack" an acocunt without knowing what he can find there? and a real "hacker" would have striped him nekkid anyway and grabbed some items. so the conclusion my dear Mr. Watson is that it was an insider job (like 99% of all other "hack" incidents) :m00:
Hacking a random acc would work fine if ye got any brains whatsoever, if he's got several threads on fh all the time bout leading raids and farming etc all the time you're bound to find something, tho that wasn't what I thought happened anyways :x
He told me he didn't share his acc so I thought it'd be someone on his msn list hacking his hotmail etc... but cba to be Mr Watson x<
:m00:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Wazkyr said:
play a little less
Seems impossible now to be 'fotm' etc with only playing only 1-2 hours a day, specially when having to camp arti's for 8 hours :(

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
Well, if you were RR10, ML10, and have all the items/artis you want... then you could relax a bit and play less hours I guess. :) But then there would probably come a new expansion (e.g. Catacombs?), and you'd need to start getting those new uber-uber items... :/

Anyway, I sympathize with Gimpstrel and hope he gets his money back. He migh wanna resume playing his DAoC characters at some point, and then the money would be nice to have.

:drink:

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for your concern peeps, and Kra for your help with this, GoA are investigating.

It seems once again that all the people that trying to make me look like a fool are members of TLW, and since I'm quitting I dont care about your opinion...

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
GimpStrole said:
It seems once again that all the people that trying to make me look like a fool are members of TLW, and since I'm quitting I dont care about your opinion...
I think I'll add a disclaimer in my sig that makes it clear that everything I write on this board is MY bloody opinion and has nothing to do with any other member of TLW or their views and thoughts and/or penis size either as individuals or the guild in general... :twak:

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Ok.

Here it comes :

I tell Requiel the day I get hacked, email goa , change passes etc.
Have to wait til today so logs come through.
I log on today , I speak to Requiel and he says that he has found the culprit.

The 'hacker' is a level 46 Infiltrator on Camlann (PvP) named Sarishi, in Voodoo. It is said that he made a character on Albion/Prydwen called Vaultboty. He then hacked my computer, went through all my documents and proceeded to the passwords. Then, once he logged onto my account, he took 28P400G off Gimpstrel and traded to his char Vaultboty. Then he organised some kinda trade to camlann using my money. And with help from Jamenna server GM Requiel tracked Sarishi down and he will face a ban.

However, I was lucky to receive 6.4P of my funds back, but the rest I will not receive, so really I was luck to only loose 21.6P and not 45P along with all my items.

Theres another twat gone :worthy:

Thanks to Requiel, Jamenna , Morphius and of course Sedde :p

Jenson

Fledgling Freddie
Im glad you got your stuff back and another little prick has been banned, But from what i read in your post you keep your game passwords on your computer?? :twak:

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
GimpStrole said:
Ok.

Here it comes :

I tell Requiel the day I get hacked, email goa , change passes etc.
Have to wait til today so logs come through.
I log on today , I speak to Requiel and he says that he has found the culprit.

The 'hacker' is a level 46 Infiltrator on Camlann (PvP) named Sarishi, in Voodoo. It is said that he made a character on Albion/Prydwen called Vaultboty. He then hacked my computer, went through all my documents and proceeded to the passwords. Then, once he logged onto my account, he took 28P400G off Gimpstrel and traded to his char Vaultboty. Then he organised some kinda trade to camlann using my money. And with help from Jamenna server GM Requiel tracked Sarishi down and he will face a ban.

However, I was lucky to receive 6.4P of my funds back, but the rest I will not receive, so really I was luck to only loose 21.6P and not 45P along with all my items.

Theres another twat gone :worthy:

Thanks to Requiel, Jamenna , Morphius and of course Sedde :p

Glad to hear the bad guy was caught.

A reminder to all tho - keep your antivirus up to date.... use a firewall... never give your ip address out... be cautious of other connections to DAOC related members... such as IRC... and voicecoms... and never store your password on your pc...

Not saying that gimp didnt do this... its just a reminder to others :)

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Glad to hear the bad guy was caught.

A reminder to all tho - keep your antivirus up to date.... use a firewall... never give your ip address out... be cautious of other connections to DAOC related members... such as IRC... and voicecoms... and never store your password on your pc...

Not saying that gimp didnt do this... its just a reminder to others :)

Yes.

Everyone make sure your not sharing any files or folders, and never turn your firewall off. There are Millions of people in the world and if you take firewall off for 5 mins or so it could be possible that you get hacked...

I was lucky, but have to stay in game a bit more to get my money back

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Well nice ye got some of ur stuff back n the ****'ll get banned -.-
Shame tho that even tho goa knows it was 28.4p they won't give it all? :x

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel managed to retrieve 6.4P from the hackers account, the rest was spent on MP armor/Artis/Scrolls etc.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
GimpStrole said:
Requiel managed to retrieve 6.4P from the hackers account, the rest was spent on MP armor/Artis/Scrolls etc.
grats! glad that I was proven wrong! :cheers:

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Great to see Requiel doing such a great job again!

*applauds*

Zede

Part of the furniture
GimpStrole said:

he should give you the MP armor etc ... !! :cheers:

sko

Loyal Freddie
It's not a hack.. it's the new minstrel-nerf. QQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom