This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H Shipman !

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by L_Plates, Jan 13, 2004.

1. L_Plates

L_Plates Fledgling Freddie

Found hanging in his cell !!

Was on the news, still trying to get you all a lonk. BBC aint got it on there site yet :(

2. L_Plates

3. RandomBastard

RandomBastard Can't get enough of FH

4. Tenko

Tenko Fledgling Freddie

Thats pretty much the opinion in the office, he should never been allowed to take control of his own life or death.

You'd hope he was murdered but thats unlikely.

5. raw

raw One of Freddy's beloved

Took the easy way out, ****.

6. raw

Filtering sucks btw :D

7. xane

xane Fledgling Freddie

This is utterly terrible news, I feel so sorry for all those people who used to campaign for Myra Hindley's release, when she died they had poor old Harold to cling on to, now he's gone what will they do ?

8. Cyfr

Cyfr Banned

Im not at least surprised :(

9. Will

Will /bin/su Staff member Moderator

Quote of the year. I love you. :)

10. SparKeh

SparKeh Fledgling Freddie

without saying too much to break the CoC i think people like shipman, huntley (to name a few) should be sentenced to the death penalty and the most painful method selected. Its only my opinion anyway but i dont see why they should live any longer than the person/people they have murdered etc.

11. Cyfr

Cyfr Banned

More like tortured. Death is an easy way out

12. raw

No more than a couple of hours passed and the emails are already going round! (Joke ones).

13. Doh_boy

Doh_boy Part of the furniture

For me it's the point that if murder is wrong why is one person (ok the government) allowed to do it when another (normal joe) cannot. If life is sacred then surely all life is sacred even the lives of people we don't like.

14. L_Plates

Why is all these people who like to cause suffering and pain on people like shipman did always take the easy way out when the roles are turned. ! .

GUTLESS comes to mind.

15. Will

Will /bin/su Staff member Moderator

Rest of his life in jail, being beaten by everyone there because, in jail, people will attack anyone they see as worse than them, especially if they aren't hard men. Or take his own life...

I know which one I'd do, in the same situation.

And how can some of you argue for capital punishment, and then against him killing himself...same end result, surely.

16. L_Plates

People will moan about him taking his own life even though they would like to see him die.

The reason they will moan is because they never made the decision he did !

17. SparKeh

SparKeh Fledgling Freddie

an eye for an eye..

18. Deadmanwalking

Deadmanwalking Fledgling Freddie

Maybe because if they did make the decision he did they wouldn't be here?

19. L_Plates

How do you mean ?

20. nath

nath Fledgling Freddie

Leaves everyone blind

21. Deadmanwalking

Deadmanwalking Fledgling Freddie

Well he made the decision to kill himself didn't he?

While i agree he should never have got the chance to kill himself, shouting about capital punishment is really not the issue here, is it?

22. L_Plates

I think we have crossed wires here. I meant they would of loved to see him have the death penalty.

Anyways as you say thats not the point of the thread.

I just wanted to let ppl know he is gone.

23. Lumox

Lumox Fledgling Freddie

Never seen the appeal in the death penalty myself. It's not going to bring anyone back, it's not justice but revenge, plain and simple.

I was pretty much indifferent to the news that he had died, he was going to be locked away for the rest of his life anyway and wouldn't be able to commit any more murders, which was the most important thing.

24. gmloki

gmloki Can't get enough of FH

Agreed.

Hopefully the Doctors could have tried to learn something from him so that it would reduce the risk of such dispicable acts happening in the future

25. Shovel

Shovel Can't get enough of FH

I love that phrase. *steals*

And there's something that confuses me about some people's reactions: You scream about how sick his crimes were, yet some of you want to see him die in the most horrible way, even tortured. Am I the only one that this makes no humane sense to?

26. Doh_boy

Doh_boy Part of the furniture

Me too.

27. Whipped

Whipped Part of the furniture

Well, one things for certain, if there's a Heaven and a Hell then he's definately going for the latter.

28. dysfunction

dysfunction It's my birthday today! FH Subscriber

Never be able to find out exactly how many people he killed...which is the worst part of it really.

29. nath

nath Fledgling Freddie

I hope you guys realise it's not my phrase... as I recall it was Martin Luther King's.