Gun related Question for Throddy (or anyone else really)

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I have an old Walther CP88 CO2 pistol that looks a lot like this one

umarex%20walther%20cp88%20nickel%20legno.jpg

Mine has the adjustable rear sight though.

It is a cracking little pistol, but I hardly ever use it and so I might as well sell it. The thing is how is best to go about this? How can I get the best price and avoid anything illegal?

Thanks for any advice

RB

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You can sell it to anyone over 18 perfectly legally mate.

How much do you want for it btw?

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I've no idea how well second hand pistols sell. It is like this one, and I guess I'd be happy with half what a new one costs, but if I could get moew for it then I would :)

It has a few spare bulbs with it and some pellets, and as I said the upgraded sight that was worth over £25 when I got it.

I'm just not sure of the best way to advertise, just local paper? eBay won't touch them :p

RB

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I did wonder about that Rynnor, though they are still sold new, as my link shows, though if it is illegal I'll just hold onto it.

RB

throdgrain

FH is my second home
They aren't fucking illegal :)

If it was me I would sell it on AirgunBBS.com but you need to be a member to post and have made some posts before you can advertise.

If you like I could advertise it for you then pass your mobile number on to any prospective buyers?

rynnor

Rockhound
I did wonder about that Rynnor, though they are still sold new, as my link shows, though if it is illegal I'll just hold onto it.

Yeah - I'm no expert on it but I wonder if they got an exception somehow - odd really because the whole point of that section was to crack down on anything that looked like a firearm?

It doesnt have a big orange or day-glo pink fob on it?

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
That would be great Throddy.

What do you think would be a fair price?

I'll sort out some photos and a full list of what I've got, just as soon as I can dig it out of the back of the cupboard :)

RB

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It depends on the condition, it might make £75 I dunno. I used to have a CP99 that I bought new for £100, but I think prices have gone up since, due to the mail order act maybe.

Let me know.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
It isn't illegal like throdbacon says, if you buy it then go running into a post office and shoot Mr Patel in the face with it then pinch his stamps then it may be deemed as illegal.

If you use it to pretend its real to rob somewhere then the law will most definately frown upon it.

Nice looking thing btw RB, I would give you £75 for it if you were ever to accept that. Just going off what throdcheese said and you know I can be trusted.....sort of.....I won't shoot anyone with it that's for sure, maybe a lad at work but thats about it ;)

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Thanks Guys,

From what I can find out the CP99 is cheaper than the CP88, and the Nickel finish with walnut grips is one of the more expensive versions, the pistol itself has not been used in ages and is in very good nick.

I'm having difficulty finding any second hand to compare prices though.

I've registered with that site Throddy, just to see if I can view their 2nd hand selection, but if it's alright I may get you to do the advert.

Trem, you'd be more than welcome mate, but I hope it'll turn out to be worth more than £75, and from what I can tell I can't post the thing :(. We might be able to work something out, I'm not in a great hurry.

RB

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Ok chum, see how it goes then let me know. It is worth more than £75 but its all I could get away with as far as Samm is concerned :D

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
No problem, I understand.

So Wij, just how much do you want it :)

Throddy I joined the forum you linked to thinking that I would be able to see their classifieds, but I still can't. Is there a secret or am I being stupid?

RB

throdgrain

FH is my second home
See above luv.

Harken to the Tremlar ;)

Unless it was a match pistol with the longer barrel I suspect I may be right about the price, but I'm not totally sure.

(Match pistol is a bollocks term anyway, they aren't hugely accurate and being co2 the power drops off towards the end of the bottle meaning the poi is changed :(

Good fun they are though :) )

throdgrain

FH is my second home
attachment.php

This one made £70 but there are some on there advertised for £90 or so. You have to make three posts before you can see the adverts section by the way. It's not Exchange and Mart :D

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
See above luv.

Yeah I saw that, didn't know I had to post just to see the bloody things :p

I will try and think of something to say. Cheers Throddy, Shame if it's not worth more, but it is worth absolutely nothing sat under the stairs.

edit just saw the pic.

That's a bit hopeful then as mine has the walnut grips and adjustable sights, may get an extra few quid.

RB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom