Guitar

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Ive wanted to get a guitar for quite a while and now ive decided to do it, was just wondering if you wonderful people could give me some advice on where to get one / what sorta price to pay for it / what make of guitar is good for starting on / how hard it is? :p etc... Any feedback would be great. :)

(Forgot to mention I was interested in electric guitar, not bass/acoustic :p)

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I played the guitar for years but never actually got any good at it. Not sure why, I just don't have any motivation for anything really and I suppose it was the same for an instrument.

Anyway, I got a Fender as my first (and last) guitar for £180 with a small practice amp, prices will probably have risen by now but I'm not really sure tbh...

It is very hard to play, but obviously if you keep at it you will get good.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldnt say a guitar wasnt that hard to learn, only takes a couple of months to pick up the basics.

My current guitar is a Harley benton Les Paul copy.

I love Les pauls because of a fuller more bassy sound as opposed to the twang you get from strats.

if anything I would learn how to play acoustics first, to build up strength in your hand, otherwise if you learn to play basics with an electric its gonna take a while for you to get used to an acoustic guitar which isnt a good thing in my view. (Although I do use low action acoustics). :)

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Been playing 11+ years now.

I would say learn on a cheaper electric guitar, that way you can unplug it and play into the early hours of the morning with minimal disruption to others around you.

Get a cheap strat copy with little practice amp, maybe a Sunn Mustang or Squier Strat.

I personally play a Les Paul also after having owned a strat copy, Epiphone SG and some cheap shit acoustic that broke over time :)

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Just don't get lead guitarist syndrome :p

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
get a yahama pacific pack, much better than the strat one imho.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Anyone can play guitar.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
What about people with no arms?

As for learning: I learned on a fairly cheap and cheerful acoustic 6-string and bought myself an electric guitar a couple of years later. Ac is generally harder to play as the strings tend to be tougher and often the frets higher. As a result, it takes longer to get "good", but you get to be a better player for it. If you learn on acoustic, you'll find electric suprisingly easy when you first pick it up.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
Anyone can play guitar.

I have a ridiculously small little finger, and I can't reach certain chords.

Radiohead spread lies and propoganda.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Damini said:

And margarine.

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
Damini said:

anyone can play guitar, and they won't be a nothing anymore

That means you're a nothing then. Sorry :(

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
My bro bought a guitar, he has no teacher and is 15, and he's taught himself quite a bit. He knows alot of the intro's to Metallica tracks (Which I'm told are quite advanced)

He was bored so he spray painted it. This was an early image, it looks better now.

Guitar.JPG

I'll probably get murdered for posting such a big image. :p

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Image loaded fast so nm ^^ I got a squire stratocaster (gay name :p) looks basicly the same as that one their only without the red thing :p After playing for a little while I learnt some of those basic chords and can play the beginning to some slayer songs, 7 Nation Army and most of Smoke on the water. Think I might get some lessons just for a while to basicly learn how to use the guitar properly.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
what does a bassit use as contraception?

his personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom