Guildwars public beta is UP!

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
lol seven and u told me u werent going to play it i bite my thumb at u sir:p

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
Will there be a monthly fee for Guild Wars?
No, there will not be a monthly subscription fee of any kind, anywhere in the world.

Do I have to pay for online updates, such as patches?
There are no hidden fees. You will not have to pay for the streaming updates that will take place on a regular basis, nor for additional content that we will provide between the chapters of Guild Wars.

However:
How much will Guild Wars cost? How much will additional chapters cost?
Guild Wars will be competitively priced, comparable to the cost of other titles of its quality. The subsequent chapters of Guild Wars will also be priced at a level comparable to other games.

Oh my! looks like it will be worth a whirl :cheers:

Chilly

Balls of steel
Esoteric said:
Will there be a monthly fee for Guild Wars?
No, there will not be a monthly subscription fee of any kind, anywhere in the world.

Do I have to pay for online updates, such as patches?
There are no hidden fees. You will not have to pay for the streaming updates that will take place on a regular basis, nor for additional content that we will provide between the chapters of Guild Wars.

However:
How much will Guild Wars cost? How much will additional chapters cost?
Guild Wars will be competitively priced, comparable to the cost of other titles of its quality. The subsequent chapters of Guild Wars will also be priced at a level comparable to other games.

Oh my! looks like it will be worth a whirl :cheers:
hidden meaning: they sell you the box for £60 and each expansion for £40 or wotever, you have to think about how these guys are getting paid, NOTHING is free, someone always pays. And if it isnt you your either lucky or ignorant of something.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
i aint browsed the website proper.. fouind the (download client) thing. but is thayt just server client thing... or is the WHOLE game beta including when i down load tht ? or is the download the game part elsewhere?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chilly said:
hidden meaning: they sell you the box for £60 and each expansion for £40 or wotever, you have to think about how these guys are getting paid, NOTHING is free, someone always pays. And if it isnt you your either lucky or ignorant of something.

Nope, completly wrong. Games in the US retail for a max of $50 which translates to a low £30 pricepoint. That is before discounts from the likes of amazon and play com. To say £60 for the boxed retail is just silly, expansions are more likely to be priced at £25. That works out much much cheaper than any MMOROG around but they are being clever and going for the volume market by having no subscriptions, that caters for those can don't have a credit card or don't want to signup longterm. Guildwars is going to be a success and with the coverage that the likes of IGN are giving it the game could be a big success.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
yes there geniuses the ppl that founded this company made the best fucking games ever 1111

Ormorof

FH is my second home
what im afraid off is that you'll have loads of kiddies in the game since theres no fee, though i suppose that hasnt stopped them from playing DAoC either :p

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
what im afraid off is that you'll have loads of kiddies in the game since theres no fee, though i suppose that hasnt stopped them from playing DAoC either :p

loads of kids playing = loads of clueless people in the arena to kill :p :flame:

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
Its not beta, its world preview wich lasts from fridaynight to sundaynight so after today it'll be gone untill next event or beta :(

Although I dont see it as a mmo its a great game (missions are just small servers your group of 6 - 8 people goes into and you dont see anyone else)

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Just how are they paying for there servers? Ad's?

A

Aoln

Skaven said:
Just how are they paying for there servers? Ad's?
They pay by box price, since it's not a subs cost game, many more are sold. For example, there were 400,000 everquest subscribers, while diablo2 sold over 3million copies.. according to the website ^^

nick

Fledgling Freddie
Played it a bit. Felt terribly restrictive compared to WoW.

I am used to seeing a bit of interesting scenery, going over there, exploring it, ganking some other nuubs that were also interested in exploring the very same area I was interested in exploring, doing some quests there and generally being the p i m p.

Whereas in GW it would be like.

Oh that boat over there looks interesting.
Sorry you can't swim.

Oh look at the lighthouse I bet there's plenty of interesting people to meet up in a lighthouse.
Sorry there is an invisible barrier which is a lot tougher than you are so don't even think about trying it.

Oh look at those hawt female elementalists lets do some c6.
Sorry but you're a bald ugly monk with a tiny penis.

Sux ;[

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Hansmoleman said:
loads of kids playing = loads of clueless people in the arena to kill :p :flame:

well im rubbish at just about everything i do (apart from eating and sleeping) so more kids playing = loads more to kill me :(

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
well im rubbish at just about everything i do (apart from eating and sleeping) so more kids playing = loads more to kill me :(

im quietly(sp?) confident that you could kill some 10yo trying to play a mesmer.

Jeeves

Banned
Aoln said:
They pay by box price, since it's not a subs cost game, many more are sold. For example, there were 400,000 everquest subscribers, while diablo2 sold over 3million copies.. according to the website ^^
I had about 8 copies of diablo in my house, as I kept losing the cd keys. :(

Validus

Fledgling Freddie
i really like the way you get equipment from monsters. (you can use weapons monsters drop, but you can't use armors, you need to salvage the materials from the armors and go to a crafter npc to use the salvaged materials to make you your'e own class customized armor.) makes much more sense than wearing a plate mail dropped by a giant 4 times your size.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Validus said:
i really like the way you get equipment from monsters. (you can use weapons monsters drop, but you can't use armors, you need to salvage the materials from the armors and go to a crafter npc to use the salvaged materials to make you your'e own class customized armor.) makes much more sense than wearing a plate mail dropped by a giant 4 times your size.

It is possible to get dropped armor you can wear, but its very rare. Got a dragon breastplate (also craftable, but expensive) from a lvl 18 bone dragon :eek:

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
fouind the (download client) thing. but is thayt just server client thing... or is the WHOLE game beta including when i down load tht ? or is the download the game part elsewhere?

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Jpeg[LOD] said:
fouind the (download client) thing. but is thayt just server client thing... or is the WHOLE game beta including when i down load tht ? or is the download the game part elsewhere?

I have no idea what you just said.

This game gave me bad.. no, terrible first impressions when I played it for that E3 thing a while ago. I won't be buying it.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
I have no idea what you just said.

This game gave me bad.. no, terrible first impressions when I played it for that E3 thing a while ago. I won't be buying it.

what i mean is if i download the client is that the actual game im downloading? or is the client the server and i have to download the game somewhere else (im crap at tech stuff)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom