Guilds of Hibernia status

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe someone can be interested in trying to make a snapshot and a classification of Hibernian guilds.

Boring morning at office this morning.... I'll try to make mine.

The Leaders
Usually they are the oldest.
Big tradition, great charisma, usually (but not always) a war tactic based on numbers and great effort in raid organization.
Celtic Fist, Clan Bearhawk, Terra Dominius....

The Elite Forces
The most professional.
Perfect playstyle, high realm rank, the elite forces usually move in single full groups. Not always really loved by thier realmates but often envyed and estemeed.
Vengence, Llaw Arian, Dem Hibbies....
And a few upcoming or smaller ones Random Roleplayers, Rage, Dark Order....

The Bigger Families
Usaully medium/big sized and with a very long tradition on the servers, these "old clans" are the support force fot the stronger ones.
Very different in kind and style, some are more RvR oriented and some are less.
The smallest sometime struggle to keep up in good numbers. They sometimes run in GG sometimes in random. Also the war tactic is to be adapetd to the circumstances.
Pagan Death Cult, Chosen, Dream Walkers, Draconis Alumni, Alliance of Power, Soul Reavers, Ilfrin Arda, The Brotherhood of Hibernia, Jupiter, The Fallen Order......

The Smaller Families
Sometimes with a very long tradition, sometimes younger, this kind of guild are usually based on the joy of group of friends of playing together.
Getting numbers is sometimes a problem but the identity is more important.
For a few of them the numbers are less important due they have very dedicated players. In other words they are on the way of becoming dedicated RvR guild, or trying to go there.
Fantasy, Eel, Evolution, Iron Phooka Wolves, New Dawn, Low Society, Celtic Leaf Army.....

There are another two kind of guild.
The one day guilds: they are born one day and deleted the day after. Usually created for a particular need or simply an unsuccessful attempt of building something new
The old memories: guilds with a great past tradition that have lost the way during the time (/respect).

I probably forgot a few, my ideas are probably wrong....
The topic is open for discussion.... just don't take it too seriusly ;)

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
the classic old and now gone guild has gotta be mist wraiths:)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
mist wraiths ahhh i was playing alb excal at the time and playing hib as well /slap wrist (never ever spied though its like typing in cheats)

made friends with a bard called brea i believe, she managed to get me into mist wraiths i only stayed hib 3 weeks, then quit cos it was too hard playing in 2 realms split loyalties etc but eventually alb lost its appeal and a few months later i returned to hib and stayed alas mist wraiths had gone which was sad to say the least however celtic fist took me under there wing and been here ever since.

to mist wraiths gone but not forgotten =) :cheers:

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
i disagree with your method of classifying the guilds. for example, CF used to be the main RvR guild of hib (before LA and VGN were made), and now is still RvR active, but not with a "war tactic based on numbers" :p - the guild direction is now part pve and part rvr. with all guilds, the guild steers its own direction based on what the members want. what CF has is something different from any other guild.. amazing people, skilled rvr players, raid leaders, pve farming/levelling addicts and so on. don't think there's another guild like it.

a lot of those guilds in the 'bigger families' class are not old at all. Old = around at the start of excal server or at least in the first 6 months (imo).

'the elite forces' - not a very accurate category. true it's the RvR guilds that run in FGs, that doesn't mean they are elite ;). making a guild with right classes for RvR, sticking right classes in a FG and RvRing doesn't grant yourself any praise. anyone can do that (see RR).

I wouldn't put LA/VGN in with RR because RR has different 'realm ethics' than the first two. I wouldn't put LA/VGN/RR in with DH either. DH is much much smaller and not really comparable. DO is not 'upcoming' - it is one of the oldest guilds on excalibur. and they aren't trying to be something they are not :)

you assume you know a lot about other guilds, which you don't :)

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Novamir said:
i disagree with your method of classifying the guilds. for example, CF used to be the main RvR guild of hib (before LA and VGN were made), and now is still RvR active, but not with a "war tactic based on numbers" :p - the guild direction is now part pve and part rvr. with all guilds, the guild steers its own direction based on what the members want. what CF has is something different from any other guild.. amazing people, skilled rvr players, raid leaders, pve farming/levelling addicts and so on. don't think there's another guild like it.

Maximun respect for CF, nothing to add

Novamir said:
a lot of those guilds in the 'bigger families' class are not old at all. Old = around at the start of excal server or at least in the first 6 months (imo).

Deeper analisys:
Of the guild mentioned three (you are right) have an ID > 500 (PDC,CHO,JUP) so probably with around one year of life (can anyone confirm?).
Most of the other have an ID in the range of few hundreds (DA was created, for what I can remember, in the first non-beta month of the server and has ID 209, this can probably be a reference).
From what I could see (just browsing, don't take this a scientific) CF is the oldest still "active" hib guild, CBH the second, BoH the thirth...

Novamir said:
I wouldn't put LA/VGN in with RR because RR has different 'realm ethics' than the first two. I wouldn't put LA/VGN/RR in with DH either. DH is much much smaller and not really comparable. DO is not 'upcoming' - it is one of the oldest guilds on excalibur. and they aren't trying to be something they are not :)

<nods>
About DO, was more on the "smaller" than on the "upcoming" part of my statement... but I agree with you that was a bit semplicistic.
BTW DO has ID = 308.

Novamir said:
you assume you know a lot about other guilds, which you don't :)

Couldn't agree more with you ;) .....

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
how did you find out the guild creation order tholus ?

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
Soul Reavers has been about longer than its creation number suggests also. In a different form anyway. We were originally formed within the first month of the server opening but had called ourselves "Memento Mori". We shortly found out that there was also a guild on pyrd mid with the same name (which had beta roots i think? memory is hazy) so after a while of constantly being asked if we were the same guild and feeling a bit like name stealers (we suspected the person who suggested our name had known about the mid pyrd guild) we disbanded the guild and reformed under a new name.

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
any guild i'm in fits into the first and second classifications by default

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
chipper said:
how did you find out the guild creation order tholus ?

You can browse XML files of any herald.
A good herald site is http://daoc-stats.com/Excalibur/ i.e.

The tricky part is that after the cap limit was reached on Excalibur some old IDs were cleared and so some of the very new guilds are reusing very old IDs.

But here is were the good memory helps us after all this time "living" here ;)

The history of the Guilds of Hibernia is amazing... we could write a book :)

BTW, just to give a more correct info. If you still consider them still "active" <blinks @ Effendor> Na Fianna can claim the rank of 3th oldest Guild still active to BoH....

Thorinn

Fledgling Freddie
Tholus said:
About DO, was more on the "smaller" than on the "upcoming" part of my statement... but I agree with you that was a bit semplicistic.
BTW DO has ID = 308.

Hmm i was the first lvl 50 menta on Excali, and 6th to ding 50. And at that time i had been gm in DO for some time. Soooehh 308?

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
For the lovers of statistic and numbers:

These are the "Old Fella", all the Guilds with an ID under 500 (so supposely born in the first 4-5 months of Excalibur)

The active-inactive choice of those still existing is made by my very personal opinion.... feel free to add/correct me if my opinion is wrong.

10 Celtic Fist
16 Clan Bearhawk
19 Na Fianna
31 The Brotherhood of Hibernia
46 Terra Dominus
75 The Fallen Order
171 Ilfirin Arda
209 Draconis Alumni
224 Dream Walkers
243 Alliance of Power
256 Bulle af Fetstryk
257 Iron Pookha Wolves
308 Dark Order
367 Legends of Camelot
467 Na Suinn Catha
469 Soul Reavers
488 Tuatha de Mag Mor
494 The Obsidian Order

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Just to add about the very young guilds getting some of the very old ID numbers : TimerE is ID number 13 ( old Prophets midgard No?).

Danita

Llixeraxu

Fledgling Freddie
Tzeentch said:
any guild i'm in fits into the first and second classifications by default

any guild i'm in fits into the third and forth classifications.

By default.

No qibble.

.. although theres debate to weather its gonna be up and coming..

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
why isnt lliad draig mentioned :p
guild id is 133 but we were one of the first guilds on hib
me, brennik, daigh, quenatir, zana (fiontan), arya, ryo, ambidextrous, sturmm, triskin, anneli, and later some more ppl like lofff, mentolado etc, and prolly alot more ppl i forgot

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
Tholus said:
For the lovers of statistic and numbers:

These are the "Old Fella", all the Guilds with an ID under 500 (so supposely born in the first 4-5 months of Excalibur)

The active-inactive choice of those still existing is made by my very personal opinion.... feel free to add/correct me if my opinion is wrong.

10 Celtic Fist
16 Clan Bearhawk
19 Na Fianna
31 The Brotherhood of Hibernia
46 Terra Dominus
75 The Fallen Order
171 Ilfirin Arda
209 Draconis Alumni
224 Dream Walkers
243 Alliance of Power
256 Bulle af Fetstryk
257 Iron Pookha Wolves
308 Dark Order
367 Legends of Camelot
467 Na Suinn Catha
469 Soul Reavers
488 Tuatha de Mag Mor
494 The Obsidian Order
Yeap its right I know we have been around for ages even though our numbers aren't as big as they once were.
Plenty of screenies on our guild website from the "old" days

http://www.xs4all.nl/~akebono/news.html

vintervargen

Banned
RR should be classed as The asses of Hibernia tbh.

and we are doing great work, as we unite the rest of the realm together in the struggle to badmouth us :D

Gray-CF

Fledgling Freddie
CF where the first guild on the excali server inc all realms :)

and yes a lot of cool old guilds not around any more MW/LD/TDD

still lots of top peeps about tho :cheers:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
ahhhh =)) good old times, running around, not really knowing how to XP (ok, I always sucked at the XP part of this game :p ) but it was truly fun =)

Mist Wraith joined TD I think =) At least Meanie and Lloth did =)

Those old Screenies are fun =) I love the one where Feldegast beats the dragon with his mace, hihi =)) suicide commando.

Ahh....now I can go and sleep well =)) with hibernian dreams of the old times =) This: "wow...you can download the Beta at ...." heh, two clueless rangers fighting back evil skeleton pawns and wolf cups. Really a shame I never made screenies of that (I think I only found out how to make screenies when someone told me how to screenjump :p ). I will never regret starting this game and joining TD =)) Was one of the best things I ever did, through the good and the hard (i.e. XP/farm) times =))

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
1st guild on hib/exc was Cf yeah?

2nd was Minas tirith..

HoF was born from the break up of MT.. and we coming back harder and stronger than u would believe soon :) hope u all enjoy what i got planned :) he he he he he har de har har har..

did i mention i hate mids? :p

Raine

Fledgling Freddie
DDi - Dark Ages and Armiger Et Dementis should get a shout.

Both good guilds in there day.

Gesta

Loyal Freddie
I think MT were 3rd if i remember CF, CBH then MT, sadly MT split all over the place :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom