Guild

Desmona

Fledgling Freddie
This may sound strange, but i am looking for a new guild and i want to know if anyone can give me a name of a guild thats fun, relaxed, not to strict, who is doing both rvr and pve, and that allows me to be on and off as my work limits my time to play in periods of time.

I hope you can help me

Hug Des

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I think hb are still recruiting...if interested, sign up at www.hb-eu.com as signing up on the forums is the only way to get into the guild :)

Fun, veeeery relaxed and inactivety is no problem

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
zeusmdk said:
hi gnd still recurting

check us out here

cheers

you more than welcome to join us hun, we all play at different times and guild is very relaxed and have fun, our alliance is starting to recruit more guilds so you can always find something to do, if you want anymore information pm myself or zeus and we'll be more than happy to help :)

asyveth

Fledgling Freddie
Guards of Avalon is still looking for new members atm so if you would like to contactany1 from GoA they will pass you to the relevant person to answer any questions you may have. You could also go to www.guardsofavalon.com and have a browse yourself :)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Desmona said:
This may sound strange, but i am looking for a new guild and i want to know if anyone can give me a name of a guild thats fun, relaxed, not to strict, who is doing both rvr and pve, and that allows me to be on and off as my work limits my time to play in periods of time.

I hope you can help me

Hug Des

will miss you in /gu when im playing my sorc :fluffle:

Desmona

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you guys ill look it over and see if there is any of the guilds i think ill fit into.

And Eeben you know where to find me, so i am not worried about that. If you miss me just write to me.

Hug Des

friky

Fledgling Freddie
Hi m8 :)

hi m8 .. well im not blade and quill g/m but i do know we are recruting.. we are a very nice a helpfull guild alot of pvp / helping other members and starting a reguler rvr group :)

Shannesa

Can't get enough of FH
DArk prophecy allways look fore new members and whe are both a pve and rvr guild with some members in and along history

Whe are a nice guild with members from all the world you might say

if its sounds anything fore you just conntact me and whe talk better

Shanessa

Desmona

Fledgling Freddie
Friky, shanessa thx to both of you but i have allready gotten a guild. Thx to all of You for helping. Now lets hope my new guild don´t regretanswering this post ;)

Hug des

Arelas

Fledgling Freddie
Hey m8 :)

If u not can find zeus or pinkey on then u are free to pm me to :)

Am officer in GnD and can invite if it need it...

As pinkey say we have it fun and there are allways atlast one fg in RvR with all from /as :cheers:

See u ingame maybe :)

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Honestly... dont u guys think that guilds wanting "an application" to join is... well, a bit over the top?! I mean, its a game ffs... not a freaking job interview... i think some gms would like to be boss irl, but cant... so now they can be it in a game ;)

ohh, and dont give me the 'well, we want to know our members be4 we invite... jada jada jada'... theres not a guild today that wont invite any 'normal' playing dood into their guild... all guilds r struggleing to keep a decent member base... hell, i think 80% of all guilds today has lees then 8 players online right now - and 50% has 4 or less online :)

(sry, wasnt to hi-jack thread - i just needed to say it ;))

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Meduza said:
Honestly... dont u guys think that guilds wanting "an application" to join is... well, a bit over the top?! I mean, its a game ffs... not a freaking job interview... i think some gms would like to be boss irl, but cant... so now they can be it in a game ;)

ohh, and dont give me the 'well, we want to know our members be4 we invite... jada jada jada'... theres not a guild today that wont invite any 'normal' playing dood into their guild... all guilds r struggleing to keep a decent member base... hell, i think 80% of all guilds today has lees then 8 players online right now - and 50% has 4 or less online :)

When I was GM of lod, we tended to invite pretty much anyone at an early stage. After getting some complete fools by mistake and having them make other nice people log off and/or leave the guild, we thought that a 2 or so day application was more then fair. I really don't see the problem. If you don't wanna go into a guild which takes 2 days to invite then go join one which anyone is invited saying "GIFVZ ME ME L337 ITEMZZ! OMG OMG LOLOOLOLLOOLL I ROXED THAT LVL27HIB!1/!!112! every 5 minutes.*

HB (my current guild) decided to make website applications essential to make sure that people signed up there and weren't going to complain down the track because they didn't have the means of seeing the latest raids being planned. This again seems a logical and unproblematic way of solving a problem no?

*=I by no means imply that guilds which don't have this policy are all filled with idiotic 14year olds** ;)

**=Nor do I mean all 14year olds are idiots.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Meduza said:

oh right and erm.... your retired right??? - so what the fuck do u know about the state of the game?

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
sig just not updated, lol

(and i guess ur one of the "14 yr old ppl" that kirienna is talking about ? :))

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Meduza said:

I think that you're reading too much into it.

Kirennia summed it up pretty well, applications are mainly there to make sure that people sign up to the forums, more of a formality than anything else, but its also a good way for us to prevent the sort of people that kirennia mentioned getting in.

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Im somewhat with Meduza on this 1.

Guilds that want an application from a potential member is ofcuz fine, the question if just what constitutes an application?
Someone ingame PM'ing a GM/officer of a guild asking if they can join - isnt that an application?
Guilds who DEMAND (like HB) that ppl signup on a forum, make a written application ect. is over the top imo.
Only reason you have that is imo because the GM/officers is to lazy to take applications ingame, and then post them on the forum to debate among the guildmembers/officers, and the ofcuz also because those guilds think of themself as to l33t to handle things ingame.

In the guilds i have been GM (by forming them og by appointment) we have always taken ingame applications, and asked the questiones ingame that we though was fair to ask/know, and the made a post on officers sections on forum to debate if that was a member we wanted or not.

The web-application is unpersonal, so you actually dont know if its a "GIFVZ ME ME L337 ITEMZZ! OMG OMG LOLOOLOLLOOLL I ROXED THAT LVL27HIB!1/!!112! every 5 minutes." kinda dude, the ingame chat will prolly catch if it is that kind of dude.
Only thing you are sure of is that they have signed up on forum, but imo that have never been a problem where i have been GM. Also even if they are signed up (what im sure 99% of all members do automatickly), that doesnt ensure that they read the forum.

Also say you have a fella that if scouting for a new guild. Should he really have to be bothered with 10 usernames, 10 passwords, 10 forums, just because he want to ask a realtively simple question to a guild?
Imo thats a clear NO!

And that l33tness bullox with 'you must signup on forum to apply for membership' is exactly the reason why i personally never have/will be a member of a guild that demands that. Like Meduza said, its a game ffs, no need for all the formalities.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Feyd said:
Im somewhat with Meduza on this 1.

Guilds that want an application from a potential member is ofcuz fine, the question if just what constitutes an application?
Someone ingame PM'ing a GM/officer of a guild asking if they can join - isnt that an application?
Guilds who DEMAND (like HB) that ppl signup on a forum, make a written application ect. is over the top imo.
Only reason you have that is imo because the GM/officers is to lazy to take applications ingame, and then post them on the forum to debate among the guildmembers/officers, and the ofcuz also because those guilds think of themself as to l33t to handle things ingame.

In the guilds i have been GM (by forming them og by appointment) we have always taken ingame applications, and asked the questiones ingame that we though was fair to ask/know, and the made a post on officers sections on forum to debate if that was a member we wanted or not.

The web-application is unpersonal, so you actually dont know if its a "GIFVZ ME ME L337 ITEMZZ! OMG OMG LOLOOLOLLOOLL I ROXED THAT LVL27HIB!1/!!112! every 5 minutes." kinda dude, the ingame chat will prolly catch if it is that kind of dude.
Only thing you are sure of is that they have signed up on forum, but imo that have never been a problem where i have been GM. Also even if they are signed up (what im sure 99% of all members do automatickly), that doesnt ensure that they read the forum.

Also say you have a fella that if scouting for a new guild. Should he really have to be bothered with 10 usernames, 10 passwords, 10 forums, just because he want to ask a realtively simple question to a guild?
Imo thats a clear NO!

And that l33tness bullox with 'you must signup on forum to apply for membership' is exactly the reason why i personally never have/will be a member of a guild that demands that. Like Meduza said, its a game ffs, no need for all the formalities.

Sorry mate, but I strongly disagree with what your saying.

It has nothing at all to do with the GM's being 'too lazy' to take ingame applications. Far from it. First off taking applications ingame is easier than the routine we at DT go through, so if we were too 'lazy' then we'd be going for that instead.

Kirennia said some of the reasons for it, so you saying 'the only reason is that you are too lazy' is pretty foolish. There are more reasons than just the simple fact that it makes sure that everyone in the guild has access to the forums. Which is a good reason in its self. If you let someone into the guild before they register to the guild, how can you be sure that they're going to do it at all?

Yet another reason for it is that it gives you a small indication that the person who wants to join is willing to put a bit of effort in. because if someone cant be bothered to fill out a 5-line application, then why will they be bothered to show up for a guild event?

I dont know about the guilds you've been in, but in DT, inviting someone new is a fairly big thing, we're a large guild, but we still have a very closely-knit and friendly atmosphere on /gu, everyone in the guild knows everyone else, we're all good friends. as such, we are carefull with who we invite.

As kirennia said, inviting someone who spams /gu with "OMZ MEIGHTS GIFV LEET ITAMZ" will spoil this atmosphere for the members that we already have.

Dont get me wrong, we make every effort to welcome new members into the guild, but the guild itself comes first, and if our recruitment procedure puts some people off because of it then its a shame, but its thier loss, not ours.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
(sorry mods, after 10 minutes, cant edit the last post)

By the way, why are you guys so aggresive about all of this? you seem angry, but at the end of the day there's always going to be someone with a different opinion as to how things should be done, and as long as we're not getting in the way of you're fun, why should you take it upon youselves to judge us, and to to tell us that our way is wrong?

Ging

Part of the furniture
kirennia said:
**=Nor do I mean all 14year olds are idiots.

Translated to = I like 14year olds, please PM me ingame ASAP so we can get cybering :)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
Translated to = I like 14year olds, please PM me ingame ASAP so we can get cybering :)

nothing wrong with that ;)

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Dukat said:
(sorry mods, after 10 minutes, cant edit the last post)

By the way, why are you guys so aggresive about all of this? you seem angry, but at the end of the day there's always going to be someone with a different opinion as to how things should be done, and as long as we're not getting in the way of you're fun, why should you take it upon youselves to judge us, and to to tell us that our way is wrong?
I dont say ur wrong... By saying that, I imply that Im right... (which I mostly are tho, but thats another story ;)) I say that I think its over the top... which it is... :)

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
After all i've seen over the last years, i'm appreciating the idea of getting to know ppl first and then receive an invite from a guild.

Maybe a long sloppy way, but at least you know the guild/people, they know you, it's an atmosphere in the guild where everybody knows eachother and has a laugh/chat.

That way you cut out the i-want-persons or the i'm-leet-people.*

*No i'm not saying all people are like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom