Guild Stuf

J

.Jos.

Is there any word on what is happenening with the Guild Banks because I have recently made in my opinion, a successful guild and I would be interested using this feature.

I do have one question too, that might be best answered by people who have experience of guilds. The lowest rank in the guild, obviously will have no priveleges like promoting ability, but I was wondering what I can do to help split this "Punishment Rank" from the standard member rank.

The lowest rank has no powers, but the standard member rank also is no different save from name...Does anyone know what can be done to distuingish them in an obvious way?

R

Rawkir

You can edit all ranks titles and permissions with various /gc edit commands.

to set a title type /gc edit <rank number> Title <Title you choose>

Its similar for other things, for example:
/gc edit 9 gcspeak N - This would disable permission to speak in guild chat for the rank number 9.

Hope that helps..

J

.Jos.

Originally posted by Draylor
Remove access to talk on guild channel?

I did consider this but I realised this wouldn't give them the chance to show that it was about time they came off Punishment Rank.

Originally posted by Rawkir
You can edit all ranks titles and permissions with various /gc edit commands.

to set a title type /gc edit <rank number> Title <Title you choose>

Its similar for other things, for example:
/gc edit 9 gcspeak N - This would disable permission to speak in guild chat for the rank number 9.

Hope that helps..

Also...It's not HOW to do the permission that's the problem, it's WHAT to do....

F

Flimgoblin

make rank 8 your punishment rank, rank 9 your recruit rank (that's the default rank everyone is)

you can set a "ranklevel" which says what relative authority in the guild people have

e.g. in HG, we have Lieutenants at rank 1,

then Chaplains, Magi Prime and Sergeants all equally rank 2 (they are /gc edit 2 ranklevel 2, 3 ranklevel 2, 4 ranklevel 2 respectively - i.e. none can demote/promote the others)

P

pbaz

There's no real way to "punish" people short of kicking them out of the guild.

If you want an inoffensive "punishment" for them (ie. less severe than removing their /gu access) then remove their ability to wear the guild emblem.

That's about as tough as you can be on people without booting them. :)

K

kirennia

don't quite get what ya wanna do m8.

In guild channel all you have as options are

motd setting,
Alliance chat settings,
Guild chat settings
Emblem
invite
promote
demote
officer settings
more general stuff like that

For punishment there is not really a way to punish people short of removing access to different channels, removing emblem or demoting em. Theres no 'ban this person from the game for a day' option ;)

O

old.Ramas

Guild bank accounts come in with guild housing.

K

keludm

If youre having to "punish" people then maybe its not such a succesful guild?

J

.Jos.

I haven't yet and I don't want to have to, so it's just in case really. And there's not much that can be done anyway. I decided to make the lowest rank a sort of warning rank before you get kicked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom