Guild Merge?

Mr Kitty

Fledgling Freddie
I'm an officer in reletively small guild with 37 members (some more active than others!), that's finding it a little tough to keep going in the post toa world.

Due to a lack of numbers/regular players, it's becoming increasingly difficult to hold things together. Guildies are frustrated by the lack of regular groups and are starting to look elsewhere. However, since we're generally a friendly bunch who get on well, the majority of the guild would prefer to see it stay together.

I was wondering if there are other guilds in a similar situation and if so if their GMs would be prepared to look at the possibility of merging?

If there are any GMs out there interested, I would be keen to hear your ideas.
Thanks.

Llixeraxu

Fledgling Freddie
Im sure that many guilds would consume you.

Youd be better of posting what your conditions of merger would be.

If its that you have to make a new guild (new name etc) then i doubt youll have any takers.

What is the name of your guild btw?

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
I can just tell you a small personal experiences about this topic.

A few months ago my guild and a smaller one merged.
Most of the people I heard (and that talked to me months after the event) had a very positive feeling about this experience.
And I can tell you my feeling has always been very positive too.

But that was not an easy thing, not everyone accepted the passage and a few left on the way.
And a few conditions were necessary tho:

> Was a smaller guild to be integrated in the bigger one. So the "sacrifice" of "loosing the identity" was more on the smaller guild people
> There was a very good relation and friendship between people in the two guilds. Some people had alts in both guilds etc.
> There was a stong and long process of friendly integration. A few GM-offy of the smaller guild become officers of the bigger guild
> Everything did require a lot of time and consensus.

At the end I can tell now a wonderful bunch of new friends have come inside and I think they were happy of loosing the guild name but not spreading friends all around.
But we were probably lucky too.

You probably heard about a very friendly and known hib guild that, trying to do the same thing recently, ended up with the disctuction of the whole guild....

Anyway the "guild" topic is a matter I am thiking a lot about atm.
Sometimes I think only a couple of guild types will survive:
> Very dedicated, hardcore and usually RvR oriented guilds
> Very big, traditional "easy style" (more on the "zerg RvR" approach) type

I think this is an interesting topic to discuss (maybe in another thread).
As you can see in my signature im still in an "not clear" phase ;)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Can't really speak for the GM's, im only a guild officer, but why not apply to join the House Of Rivera Alliance?
Some of the guilds in the alliance are quite small and would be incapable of running larger raids themselves, so ppl tend to do it as an Alliance rather than as a guild.
That way you retain your own guild identity but have all the benefits of a much larger playerbase to call upon for ML's, Arti's etc.

http://www.house-of-rivera.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=19

or PM one of the HoR GM's ingame.
Merriden or Wulliethered

Gobarnachta

Fledgling Freddie
Guild Eel is looking for another guild to merge with but this is no place to settle any conditions nor talk ahead so if you are still interested contact me or Asquizarius (aka Draackoness, Meridak and Drakonya) in-game or in irc (server: irc.quakenet.org #guildeel).

-Gobarnachta (in-game and irc) / Purjoleena (in-game)

Effendor

Fledgling Freddie
Na Fianna

Well I'm Na Fianna GM and we would like to increase our player base again . you can contact me in game on Effendor , Lifes or Flyagarrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom