Guild database and other info

J

Jalanteriel

I seems to recall reading a post about it on the forums, but I can;t seem to find it. Anyway...how come the european servers don;t have half the information the american counterparts has, such as a list of guilds, current guilds holding keeps, list of guild members, RP spread etc etc.

Has Daoc Europe given a reason for this?

K

kr0n

AFAIK the required code for that is coming on 1.48. So were supposed to get it then.

A

Arlone

oh, sweet. Hope it's in xml-again, that GOA-move was pure genius. Much more useful than the US-version actually.

A

Alrindel

Hm? The XML is right out of Mythic's engine, unaltered as far as I know. The only innovation that GOA has brought to it was making the realm status maps in dynamically updated Flash. Or am I missing something?

But I also am very much looking forward to seeing the GOA implementation of the camelot herald! Kemor has hinted that they have been working on it for a while...

S

Spudgie

They said they were going to implement it as soon as Mythic gave em the scripts to make it possible. Come on Mythic, get yer finger out.:m00:

A

Arlone

Originally posted by Alrindel
Hm? The XML is right out of Mythic's engine, unaltered as far as I know. The only innovation that GOA has brought to it was making the realm status maps in dynamically updated Flash. Or am I missing something?

But I also am very much looking forward to seeing the GOA implementation of the camelot herald! Kemor has hinted that they have been working on it for a while...

perhaps true, but I don't think 'the herald' got a seperate xml-file that people can use to parse info directly from the server to their own websites, like GOA does.

To quote homer simpson:
"I'dunno"

A

Alrindel

Sure they do: http://www.camelotherald.com/xml/servers.xml

But what is really cool is that ALL of the information available on the herald is available in XML so your guild web page can have up-to-the-minute information on your RPs, members, their levels, everything, formatted the way you want.

Here's the Knightly Knights of Noble Nobility on Bors: http://www.camelotherald.com/guilds/Bors/63.xml

GOA didn't make that, Mythic did. And as soon as our servers are patched to the engine version that contains the backend for it, we'll have it too. :clap:

Y

Yelib

Is there some info anywhere on how to transform this data into HTML when you can't edit the XML document?

I've been looking into XML/XSL and at the moment I'm struggling to see how you put a link to an XML document in an XSL document. Usually its the other way around....

Or do you have to use the javascript method for this?

A

Alrindel

The XML is just raw data that you will import in whatever language you are going to use to dynamically create an HTML page. This depends on what is available on your web server but it is usually either PHP (if the server is apache on *ix) or ASP (if the server is microsoft IIS on windows). There are other languages too like cold fusion, miva and perl, but PHP and ASP are the most common.

There is some sample code to get you started here: http://www.camelotherald.com/xml.php

A

Arlone

ok, I surrender :)

Nice work from mythic then - but it's still gonna be damn fun to see those things live on homepages!

:clap:

A

Alrindel

Yeah! Also, I'm really looking forward to being able to see the top guilds and RP holders in the other domains and servers. Having all that available on a web site will give us a little competitive boost that is missing in DAOC Europe at the moment, it seems to me.

A

Arlone

top guilds = highest member-count :(

afraid lil' our guild will never even get close, but if there is a RP/person in guild (avarage RP per guildmember) we would surley be high on the list ;)

*rolls eyes at the mass-recruiting guilds*

Anyways, aye ... will be good fun to get some stats on the servers!

A

Alrindel

Hm. This update was just posted to GOA's news page:
Update (5pm GMT):
Mythic techicians are working with GOA’s ones on the problem, now they just need to find the solution of this issue affecting the battlegrounds. Still no ETA.
Because one problem never comes alone, the new and updated chronicles will not be available today since we need to fix the server problem first.
So it sounds like we will have the new database information VERY soon... they were planning to surprise us with it today! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom