Guidelines for posting raid threads

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
I have seen a few posts that dont make it clear when a raid is to be held so I am making this post to help make it easier for all to see.

As one of the moderators here (with others ofc) I think its best to see a clean efficient tidy looking thread list so its easy to stick and unstick posts as required and it makes viewing the forums easy for everyone then :)

When making a post about a raid (ML, farming, arti's etc) plz state the title of the raid and the date in the thread title like these examples:

Dragon Raid - Wednesday 8th June

Jacina's Sash FFA, Tuesdays & Saturdays (part II)

ML9 FFA raid Monday 6th June

Then in the thread itself name the time and meeting place and any rules you want for the raid and if necessary state the classes you need and any further relevant information to help people.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
might also be an idea to put [PRYDWEN] in the raid title? unless ive missed some idea about clustering :p

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
hmm well maybe no wbout clustering yea, well ALL my raids are pryd :p

Nate

FH is my second home
just an fyi for all raid organizers, the guy to PM for stickys is old.Whoodoo so dont ask for pm in ur thread just find him in the bottom right (Moderator box) and pm him through that.

Clicky

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Another rule I would like to see on here, to save a lot of embarassment and qqing;
  • If you are planning on posting a Master Level raid, please check for any previous planned raids that conflict, and contact the leader of that raid and make sure it will not interfere with times, places or the amount needed to complete it succesfully.
Can I also suggest a standard format for posting raids to help me spot them, especially sticky ones, for example:

[ML5BG][P] Saturday 30th Feb @ 1800 GMT

The [] show the raid and server, then the date and the time with time zone. Then hopefully I can spot them easier.

Please note, I dont normally sticky group raids, because they are often up for 10 minutes before they need removing as the group fills, so you can post those as normal.

Ta.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
As there are more sticky mods now, just a bump so we can work together on the Midgard forum.

As I said in my last post, due to the amount of group raids posted for Darkspire, MLs and rare item hunts, I dont tend to stick them, or the first page would fill in seconds, and most of those threads either get filled in a couple of days or get bumped anyway. If you guys think this isnt a good idea, lets get some kind of system going.

For info, Ill stay away from stickying in the other realms, unless I spot something thats old and deserves a sticky.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda the same for me Whoodoo.... my usual policy is to stick a raid thats more than 1fg so ml steps dont usually get a sticky unless its a couple of groups or some kind of extended raid but if anyone thinks somethign deserves a sticky then feel free to pm me with a link :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom