Guide to Operation Flashpoint

S

SoWat

Nicely done SAS. I've finished the game, and didn't even now about the command view ;)

The leading of moving targets (as opposed to waiting until they run past) is quite simple. If you move your weapon so that the floating dot is on the target, that's where the bullet will hit.

When piloting an aircraft, it's sometimes easier to lock on a target using the HUD display, rather than peering out of the cockpit. You have to be aware that if you lock onto the wrong target, it's another 2 clicks before you can lock onto another (one to clear the current target, and one to acquire the new one). If you lock onto the wrong target, click on an empty space to clear it. It'll all end in tears if you fail to lock onto a 'shilka', that's intent on blasting you out of the sky, simply because you're locked onto something else.

Again, nice job!

S

SAS

Just got emailed a list of things I need to correct so not that gifted yaka :p

L

luap

SAS gifted? lol. Oh, you mean "gifted" as in "special" :p

W

Will

A guide on aiming the individual weapons would be excellent - I can't use that russian sniper rifle at all, and grenade throwing is a bit of a guess.

S

SoWat

and grenade throwing is a bit of a guess.

I agree. Placing the circle where you want your grenade to land is a sure-fire recipe for blowing your own wotsits off.

W

Will

That reminds me : don't you hate it when you gun down a Ruskie, only to realise he was standing to throw a grenade. Then it's all over.

O

old.Martek

Hi there,

Very nice OFP Guide!

I notice there isn't any end-of-mission debriefing information. For instance, the scoring, the red x's, etc. Might be worth consideration as something to add...

Cheers,
Martek

>> Anything I need to add / fix e.t.c?

S

SAS

The red x's e.t.c are mentioned on the guide somewhere. Made a note that there is a tick or a cross and you don't need to complete ever objective :}

O

old.Martek

Barry,

Sorry, those are not the x's to which I was referring. The end-of-mission briefing has a score, and immediately to its right there may be red x's or gold stars, etc, lined up. Your game guide does not say anything about that screen. So I was just pointing it out to you in case it was of interest. But you referred me back to different red x's (those that might appear for uncompleted objectives).

I'll try to get you a screen shot to make it clearer...

Cheers,
Martek

Originally posted by Martek
I notice there isn't any end-of-mission debriefing information. For instance, the scoring, the red x's, etc.

Originally posted by SAS
The red x's e.t.c are mentioned on the guide somewhere. Made a note that there is a tick or a cross and you don't need to complete ever objective :}

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom