Guide to getting the new DAoC-EU client running

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
1) download the US client installer/patcher from here (direct link: here or make a copy of the US client you already have.

2) install above file and let it download the US client

3) download the EU patcher from here

3) extract the contents the EU patcher zip-file to your daoc folder (from step 1&2). Overwrite the files already there.

4) Run camelot.exe

5) Wait for it to patch. This might take a while; "Determining patch set...". The actual patching was about 41MB.

6) Log in and play!

Notes:
  • if you have the EU client installed already you simply need to open that, it will automatically patch to the new US client.
  • The "My account" button in the actual patcher takes me to Mythics EU account center. However the "New account" button on the login screen points to GOA.
  • have an issue not solved by this post? Check out this thread.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
<MOD>
please note, this thread is for how-to-get-it-working- and constructive comments / updates only.

do not post "my fleebleburger won't allow the fooswiggler to update the farblegarf files" kinds of posts in followup, as they will be removed. Make a thread for that, or use the forum search function.

also, feel free to rep the heck out of Fenderon for taking time to summarize this stuff to help you guys out :)
</MOD>

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Just to point out, if you have the EU client installed already you simply need to open that, it will automatically patch to the new US client.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
cheers Cadelin, I 've edited Fenderon's post to include your note.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Thanks alot for this, easy to understand and correct :D

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Just seen the news about excal chars moving to ywain.

Not had daoc installed for a bit. So am i just following the instructions above or do i have to dig out all my old daoc cd's and install fro scratch?

[WR]Mothman

Fledgling Freddie
its possible change the lenguaje? im from spain and the game its half english and half spanish. :(

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
You can't change it all to spanish, but you can change it all to english

Cant remember how tho

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
EU account is now the same as US client.

To log into the account center you need to use the game account name that you used to login at the patcher, followed by _EU, for exmaple PenlidAccount_EU. You also use this to login to the game via the patcher.

If you cannot remember the password, click cannot remember password and follow the information, all info will then be emailed to you.

Before you can log into the game you will need to update your client to the US version from EU version, it may do this automatically however here are the files for you to do it before time or if it doesn't do it automatically.

Hopefully this will mean transfers are coming soon as they already have the transfer system built from when Ywain started so it shouldn't be too long down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom