Guide for Movie making?

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Anybody got websites for FREE downloadable programs to make DAOC movies?

Also anybody got links to GUIDES for MUPPETTS (peeps that aint v good technically) on how to edit/compress/code them also ?

ta in advance

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
FRAPS

http://www.fraps.com/

Download, install and then press F10 to take a screen shot when in game or F11 by default, it will then save to the default fraps directory, really easy, gameplay will slow down when you run fraps tho so bewarned and the quality isnt as good as normal.

Hope it helps!

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
could someone tell me how to record game on 2nd computer ? (as fraps tends to slow down game so much, it becomes near unplayable)

suppose i have to connect gfx cards via vga cable or etc ?

Deena

Fledgling Freddie
I used to do that in the old days ..
Get two computers (duh).
Get a TV-in on the recording and TV-out on the pc you play on.
Get a program like Virtualdub.
Play a game on TV-out pc .. Recording incoming stream on TV-in pc.
If you get an audio cable between them you should even be able to record sound.

Iirc you can record all things compressed. So it takes less space on your HDD. If not you will have to record uncompressed and it can take lots and lots of HDD space.

Still .. recording DAoC i would suggest fraps .. on the lowest settings you can still run the game fairly decent and the quality will be better then with 2 pc's.

If you really really dont want fraps i can also suggest using a VCR to record.
Just use a computer with TV-in and TV-out .. get the TV-out working when you play and record everything you do (with a 4-hour tape you should be fine each time you do something). Then playback the tape while your VCR is connected to your TV-in. Again using Virtualdub to record your TV-in.
The quality is better then PC to PC imo but it takes longer since you have to record it from the VCR to the computer. which isnt needed with PC to PC.

Hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom