Guarding Necromancers

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
This is something I've wondered about for a while now:

Is it possible to guard a necromancer?

If you click on the pet, its not part of the group, so not guardable.

Not a whole lot of point in guarding a necro in shade mode.

However, I was wondering if you guard the necro while in shade mode, do you actually guard the pet?

This would seem sensible but I don't know if its the case.

Can anyone answer this at all please?

Mason

Fledgling Freddie
Afaik you can protect the pet by putting protect on the shade, though there is no spam when you do this could be due to the fact that you are protecting the player as opposed to the pet who is actually doing the nukes/spells.

e.g..

when protecting a wiz, the wiz casts a nuke you get 'you are protecting 'wiz' and distract 'enemy' spam'

when you are protecting a necro the shade does not cast nukes therefore you won't get 'protecting' spam as the shade itself does no DD.

Although i've no proof of this i have done some testing with my necro Krondon and it certainly 'seems' to have the effect of protect though without the spam it's difficult to say, and my testing hasn't exactly been thorough.

Hope that helps. as tbh my necros a farming bot and i cba to 'actually' test this.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Heheh, who cares about guarding a pet with 90%+ ABS. If melees are on it, they're wasting their time anyways. :)

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Heheh, who cares about guarding a pet with 90%+ ABS. If melees are on it, they're wasting their time anyways. :)
because every necro in the game has a mota5 buffbot right? And when grouped that necro takes his bb along too, pointless buffing pets at a haven if ur gonna zone all over as it needs remaking every 15mins so need to take bb too.

Also not all necros are tanks, some get in groups for some of their more useful qualities which they cant do if a mob is twatting the pet :eek:

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
I've been grouped with a few necromancers while levelling. Usually I'm guarding tanks or ice wizzies, but necros can deal out a lot of damage that gets the pet the attention of whatever beastie it is. Would be nice to be able to switch guard during a fight to the necro/pet while it has the attention of the beastie.
It happens more often when the necro is the highest level char in the group.

Regardless, its still a valid issue to be able to guard a realm buddy. I'll maybe test this out one night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom