Guard / Blocking nerfed?

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
So I was out in aerus and volcanus today farming scrolls, and I noticed less than usual ammount of blocking from my warrior. I heard about some change in recent patch but never checked up on it, a cap on block chance?

Anyway, maybe it was just bad luck with my block rate, but I know for definate Guard block rate is gone to hell! I pull with my bot so he often gets hit 3 or so times before I got aggro (cause i dot pull :> ) anyway, before it wasnt uncommon to block every single hit even against a red mob with Guard, now I more than often dont block a single hit!

Anyone noticed this?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yeah theres a cap on block chance. but afaik its only supposed to affect arrows, not melee attacks. i got no idea what the cap number is as i dont have a blockbot and thus that wont affect me.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I can't recall exactly. There was something around 40% small shield, 80% medium shield and 98% large shield as a cap. I think it was when facing multilple rvr opponents that they had issues with it. I'm not sure when it comes into play, though.

I've not tested with small shield, but with large shield and buffs I was getting about 92% blocking when buffed against a level 47 opponent without using engage. (I was doing some blocking testing not related to this question).

Darzil

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
teh blocking rates where changed in a patch not sure.. which one might be 1.75 or 1.76

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
was in 1.74, mainly affect scouts. If u got 50 shield and large shield, the difference should be minimal.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
yes, there was a slight nerf to blocking. But afaik you realy shouldnt notice it, the main aim was to nerf scouts who spec 50 shield and have like 420dex being un hitable.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Litmus said:
yes, there was a slight nerf to blocking. But afaik you realy shouldnt notice it, the main aim was to nerf scouts who spec 50 shield and have like 420dex being un hitable.

Scouts being the masters of melee they obviously needed a nerf bad!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Think they changed blocking cap so it's now affected by what size shield you got ( sounds logical to me ;p) ..

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
They added a block rate cap based on size of your shield, small has the lowest block rating vs 1 target while large shields have a higher rating vs more targets you can achieve.

afaik, the cap is only reach able with highish MoB and dex.

Would love to know how dex effects the block rating so to know how close you are to cap.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Jaem- said:
They added a block rate cap based on size of your shield, small has the lowest block rating vs 1 target while large shields have a higher rating vs more targets you can achieve.

afaik, the cap is only reach able with highish MoB and dex.

Would love to know how dex effects the block rating so to know how close you are to cap.

if you really wanna know then goto http://www.drunkenfriar.com/forums/index.php

this sort of thing they have all the info on.

its early and im tired, you do the leg work hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom