Games GT5 November \o/ Finally

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
i hope they do deformation in crashes this time ... gets boring crashing just to bounce off something

soze

I am a FH squatter
i hope they do deformation in crashes this time ... gets boring crashing just to bounce off something

I believe it has an option for full damage so if you crash too bad thats your race over

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have played GT5 in both 2D and 3D, wow is an under statement.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It is the reason I bought a PS3. I can not fucking wait.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It is the reason I bought a PS3. I can not fucking wait.

Trust me you will not be disappointed. When I played it I was covered in goosebumps. The graphics were amazing, the different modes are awesome, "normal", WRC, F1 etc. I have not seen a racing simulator like it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm sorely tempted to get the special edition, even though there is no chance I'll win the AMG. Just for the extras tbh. Then I think; just get the main game from supermarkets on release day, they are bound to have a price war, and use the money saved to buy a proper wheel.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
The collectors pack does look tempting tbh, its only about £20 more than the standard edition

- English -

Resident Freddy
looks nice and may even buy a ps3 for it myself. Will wait closer to the time tho, wonder if any places will do a deal to buy a ps3 and gt5 together?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, everywhere will. Sony will probably have an official bundle for it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'm sorely tempted to get the special edition, even though there is no chance I'll win the AMG. Just for the extras tbh. Then I think; just get the main game from supermarkets on release day, they are bound to have a price war, and use the money saved to buy a proper wheel.

That's the signature edition, £150, Awesome prize though. Going for the collectors edition myself and getting a steering wheel/pedals, need to shop around for them though, there are a few about. Currently tempted by this

Logitech Driving Force GT Steering Wheel & Pedals (PC / PS2 / PS3) PlayStation3 Game - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery

Where are people buying it from? I see a few places have exclusive bonus cars, I quite like the sound of play.com (2 "stealth" cars) but I am not sure that you get them with the special edition version which would be a shame, going to email them and find out.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Whats the difference between Collectors Edition than the normal version?

- English -

Resident Freddy
how much do you think ill be looking at for a ps3+gt5´then optional steering wheel .. then need a good hd tv lol .. ?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
My setup has been ready for a couple of years.

40" TV
5.1 sound system
Playseat Evolution (black)
Logitech G25

Playseat_+_steering_wheel_etc_bundle_800x600.jpg

Fuck yes.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldn't be able to pull any ladies home with that setup! I always hide me fightstick under the bed :>

I don't really get the hype. It's just another racing games with better graphics and more cars. With that said, I've never really been into any other racing games than burnout and the free stream racer with massive levels.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't really get the hype. It's just another racing games with better graphics and more cars. With that said, I've never really been into any other racing games than burnout and the free stream racer with massive levels.

It's not a racing game though, a racing simulator and the very best out there.

That's the hype, expectations from the king of racing simulators.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, that was bullshit. I do get the hype. The same goes for CoD/GoW etc. What I meant to say is that neither of those games really impresses me :) They don't really stand out from so many other games in my opinion.

I was hoping to see "THAT" killerfeature that would make it stand out from the rest, but it just isn't there. The same goes for Forza and the other 'realistic' racing games.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah if you don't like, say, brainless shootystabby, or fiddling with your gearstick stiffness at the millimeter level, then the hype isn't going to do anything ;)

If you like your racing games at the level of "go fast, win races", GT will be "just another game with more cars and pretty graphics".

I think i fall somewhere in between, i've always loved the GT series because it's a lot of bang for the buck, but at the same time, not going to get a PS3 because of it.

Now getting a PS3 on the offchance that Square make a PG18 Final Full Frontal Fantasy, that would be worth it :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
HD tv = £300+
PS3 = £250?
GT5 = £50?
Steering Wheel = £70?

Exioce

Part of the furniture
I'd like better online play with the full version. Was trying to get a multiplayer game of Prologue going with a mate and it was a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom