Grrrr Goa

O

old.Icebreaker

I just came back from Holiday and tried to renew my account with ELV (German Payment Methode) but they closed this way of payment forever for me because of some trouble with my bank.(Automatic renew,wasnt there to stop it etc).

And now i cant come back because i dont have a Creditcard (not even my Parents or friends,they are not really needed in Germany).

I want to pay but they wont let me :D

Rightnow just says (short version): sorry, fuck off

I just want to say bye to all ppl i know from the game especally all the guys from Celtic Fist.

--------------------------------------------------
Icebreaker <Celtic Fist> freezed

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Get one of those Amex Blue cards - a cc debit card ie. if you have an income that exceeds 18.000 Euros a year, you are eligible for it. That's what I do.. don't trust ELV and my bank enough...

D

dk_flint

same here icebreaker. imo this is unbelievable. i´ve never seen a company care less for their customers. we could open xx new accounts with ELV every day but they won´t press "da" button for someone that paid 8 months now. i tried hard and had quite a conversation with GOA. heres the quote:

===============================
dear goa subscription-staff,

two days ago, i got a mail from you, telling me that the payment for my current subscription of Dark-Age-of-Camelot has been charged back and the account has been closed. accidently there was no money on my bank-account by that time which really only was a mistake, so the bank charged it back.

i also received the info-mail about a month ago that told me to be careful NOT to charge back the payment orelse i wouldnt be able to use german ELV again.

so my question is: now that there is money on my bank-account again, is there ANY way to use the ELV payment as i did before again? it is very important for me, because i dont have any credit-card and am very addicted to the game .
i´d take 3 months as next period

best regards and thanks in advance for trying,

xxx

===============================
i´m really sorry, but our subscription staff gave us the order to act very strict on blocking the ELV.
the blocking cant be undone and there isn´t another option than the credit card.

===========================================
hello again,

due to my monthly salary, my bank wont give me a credit card. is there really NO way? i paid correct for 8 months now. you might loose a customer here,

best regards xxx

============================================
hello,

im REALLY sorry but i can´t do anything there ...

best regards GOA

hi again,

is it possible to open a new account and transfer/use my old chars on it ?

no it´s not possible

now that´s one big fuck off that company.
they simply DON´T care if you customer can continue.
i´m checking several ways to come back atm, but this is just the start of some heavy troublemaking on that topic.

kill ... will ... kill ... subscription staff

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Agreed - it's not like it was a big problem to just re-activate the account together with the ELV.

If someone repeatedly has no money on his/her account, sure, go ahead and terminate it... but because of a one time problem!?

It would be a step towards the customers... after all - we were bearing with GOA's fuck ups for months...

As usual, it would be nice to get an official statement from Kemor or Zargar but I wouldn't count on it.

D

dk_flint

kemor is GM of an english server. i bet he aint got anything to do with it

F

Fafnir

You can always get your salary put into a bank offshore, like say sweden where you get a visa/mastercard when you open a bankaccount for your salary. Sure it costs a triffle 20 Euro per year. But works everywhere. :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by dk_flint
kemor is GM of an english server. i bet he aint got anything to do with it

Well, ELV isn't just a payment method in Germany as far as I know. And Kemor/Zargar are the only official GOA employees we know... basically like Sanya in the US - relaying player concerns/problems to the big bosses. *shrugs*

Just a thought.

O

old.Aragone

ice

ice i am sure that if theres no way to work it out on of us from cf will help you out and find a way to pay it as i just turned 18 i will go get a credit card :cool:

but dont go we alredy lost so menny oldies :rolleyes:

O

old.Eynar_Vega

Originally posted by sickofit...

Well, ELV isn't just a payment method in Germany as far as I know. And Kemor/Zargar are the only official GOA employees we know... basically like Sanya in the US - relaying player concerns/problems to the big bosses. *shrugs*

Just a thought.

Never heard of this ELV card tbh...

V

VidX

ELV? Yip, heard of them, but as far as I knew, the only method of payment was by Credit Card or Debit Card. You're lucky you have that option to start with, as there is no other method of payment in the UK for the subscription :(

In regards to the re-activation, I think the GOA system might have blacklisted your account. Going by credit reference thingies, you cannot reset someones credit rating manually, needs to be done over a period of time I think...

M

Melodic

If GoA have blacklisted his account over this then they deserve to be closed down - none of us entered into a CREDIT agreement with GoA and a negative entry can only be registered with credit reference agencies where a crdit agreement has existed.

That is the legal position in the UK/USA/rest of the world but I am sure the French have come up with some new and exciting way to fuck us over.

O

old.Icebreaker

I dont get a Creditcard just to pay 1 or 2 times in a year with it for Online-Games.This isnt worth it.If GOA dont care about their customers and close everything just because of one little problem then i promise this game doesnt live very long.I played this Game for a long Time now (started in Beta) and dont wanted to stop it but GOA decided to stop it for me.......

ELV is the most used payment methode in Germany and Creditcards like Visa/Mastercard,American Express,etc are not used by most of the Gamers from Germany.

Found someone from the Game who pays for me (I send the Money to Scotland and he pays) :D

A big thanks to Tzeentch for that

--------------------------------------------------
Icebreaker <Celtic Fist> still freezed

GOA sucks

V

VidX

When I said 'blacklist' I meant it in reference to GOA only.

Any company can refuse to take payment from anyone in any way they want, as long as the customer is notified (hard cash not withstanding, you can pay for a £50,000 car in only 1p coins, and the person selling the car is legally obliged to accept the payment, though it may not be convenient). But they cannot pass those details onto another company without agreement from the account holder.

This means that, in order to keep consistency, GOA would not be able to reset the status on one account without having to reset the status on all similar acccounts.

Nothing to do with credit reference agencies. Just GOA itself I think.

V

VidX

Originally posted by old.Icebreaker
Found someone from the Game who pays for me (I send the Money to Scotland and he pays) :D

A big thanks to Tzeentch for that

:clap:

Z

Zargar

Short story : There was a way to exploit the ELV system and play for free (charging back all payments). People who used that system (whether exploiting it genuinely or having a bank too cautious can't use it anymore). We lost a lot of money because of the abuses and there is no chance that we move back on our current policy : if you abuse the system , that system is no longer available to you. ELV is still available if you didn't abuse it (or your bank, same for us : we got no money), else you have to use another payment system.

There is always the possibility to argue about the decision at abo@goa.com (german subscription@goa.com), if you can prove, with a paper from the bank, that this was the bank being overly cautious and reverting the payment, and it wasnt done at your own request.

FYI, the "exploit" (in fact that system is very well designed, a little bit too much that's all) is no more possible.

O

old.Icebreaker

Tried to discuss with abo@goa.com about my problem, wanted to send them a letter from my bank but they always say the same thing: We dont change it,sorry

I could prove it but GOA dont let me.

Now i cant use this methode anymore because of some fucking bug abusers, grrr.

Lucky me, i got some nice ppl from the Game who help me out with the paying.But thats my last money i give to GOA,after the next 6 months the abo runs out i quit.Looks like they dont make a difference between ppl where it happended only one time becuase of some bank trouble and who use it often to play for free.

To GOA: Better work a bit on your payment system

-----------------------------------------
Icebreaker <Celtic Fist>

still freezed but working on it

:puke:

D

dk_flint

just sent to subscription@goa.com:

Zargar, GM of the engish servers posts in this thread
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?postid=452186#post452186
on www.barrysworld.com:

Short story : There was a way to exploit the ELV system and play for free (charging back all payments). People who used that system (whether exploiting it genuinely or having a bank too cautious can't use it anymore). We lost a lot of money because of the abuses and there is no chance that we move back on our current policy : if you abuse the system , that system is no longer available to you. ELV is still available if you didn't abuse it (or your bank, same for us : we got no money), else you have to use another payment system.

There is always the possibility to argue about the decision at abo@goa.com (german subscription@goa.com), if you can prove, with a paper from the bank, that this was the bank being overly cautious and reverting the payment, and it wasnt done at your own request.

FYI, the "exploit" (in fact that system is very well designed, a little bit too much that's all) is no more possible.

so whos informed wrong now? according to zargar my last bankaccount- letter can prove i didn´t exploit and i should be able to use ELV again. i have to admit i feel a bit tricked.
please sort this out for me and the other (lot) german players with that problem,

xxx

waiting for reply now ....

O

old.Icebreaker

I tried to send them a letter from my bank but they always say the same:Sorry but our subscription staff gave us the strict Order to act very strict on blocking the ELV.

They dont give you a chance to prove that you are not a bug abuser,they just say (short version) fuck off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Icebreaker <Celtic Fist> still freezed but working on it

O

old.Icebreaker

@dk_flint

please inform me what they told you

------------------------------------------------
Icebreaker <Celtic Fist>

S

stu

Originally posted by vidx
you can pay for a £50,000 car in only 1p coins, and the person selling the car is legally obliged to accept the payment, though it may not be convenient
O/T, but not true - there's a limit for each denomination of cash as to the amount a merchant is compelled to accept. It's actually relatively low for coppers, certainly less than £1.

D

dk_flint

pm sent @ icebreaker.
short versin for the rest:

yes zargar´s answer is right but not precise enough.
this is only the case when its 100% the banks fault but in NO WAY if it´s coz there wasnt any money on the account, whatever the circumstances are ...

owwell ...

V

Vell

The problem here is: It wasn't your banks fault. It was yours. You didn't have enough money to pay for the subscription, so it bounced back. That is why the payment method has been blocked for you - it has nothing to do with a mistake a t the bank, so GOA will not allow you to continue using that payment method.

And FYI, you could try getting an AE Blue card - they are usually pretty lenient on who they give them to, even people with low monthly incomes.

Users who are viewing this thread