Grrr Argh <waves arms about>

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
I was on holiday the last couple of weeks. Didn't do anything spectacular. However, while I was away I did manage to walk straight into the side of the bed, damaging my left knee to the point where I could not really walk very well for the last few days. To add insult to injury I was actually stone cold sober at the time. However, by the time I'm leaving at the end of my chillout its only a dull ache.

So I get back from hol into Edinburgh airport about 10pm or so, then a drive to North Yorkshire, where I'm doing a server upgrade job on the Sunday. Staying at a colleague's house and he's given me an ace bunch of directions (he's an ex-cop).

As I approach the area it turns out the A1 has been closed from 8pm that evening for some scheduled roadworks. My directions are suddenly so much meaningless scribblings so I take what looks like a diversion and into the countryside - an area I don't know well, its dark, I'm tired and I'm grumbling a bit. I decide to see how far I can get without having to phone him as he said he'd kip on the couch to try and get some sleep while he waited for me (he'd been working from 6am on the Saturday til late evening).

I think I got about 50 yards before having to pull over, pick up the phone and wail "heeeeeeelp".

Anyway. With guidance I was back on track. When I got to the village I was aiming at I only had to reverse past the pub which was the main landmark 2 or 3 times before I spotted it, which for me is pretty good.

Finally. Bed is close.

Greeted at the door, in I go, shoes off... ahh... comfy. Don't make any noise, parents are in bed. No problem. Basic update on where the work stands, then shown to bedroom. Which is at the top of a really deceiving staircase - wide steps but they are nearly on top of each other so the angle is very steep. Made it up no problem then I'm going to get shown where bathroom etc is.
So I confidently step out onto the stairs and down I go. Confidently sliding on my ass all the way to the bottom, arms flailing legs everywhere. Cuts, bruises, blood. Much groaning at the bottom trying to work out if anything is badly damaged. And of course thats the whole house awake after my gymnastics. Right leg throbbing somewhat which I should really have paid more attention to.

So colleague's dad is roused from bed and digs into the first aid cabinet (yep, he's ex army alright - the rest of us would have an aged curling band-aid lost somewhere, he's got field medical supplies in his bathroom probably left over from Desert Storm or something). So I'm gibbering a bit and we have these two manly men shaking their heads slightly at this clueless wimp techie.
Bit of fussing then off to bed I go. Ooh they've got a wireless network and broadband. Quick browse on laptop before snoozes. Never mind the pain, there's computers to play with!

Sunday morning. ARRRRRGH. Took 20 mins to get dressed, my right leg just wasn't cooperating. Basically I stumbled around in a circle trying to get my jeans on without bending my right leg which, unless I could find a way to grow my arms longer just wasn't going to happen. Eventually got that done and so a day of grimacing and ouching begins.

Colleague produces a couple of things he says are pain killers. I look at these ingot sized slabs and am wondering if there's a horse trainer somewhere missing something meant for his prize thoroughbred. Grunt, coffee, swallow.

So off to the customer site around 8:30am and mercifully few people around as it is a Sunday.

I am staggering a fair bit as when I move my leg around it causes a spike of pain. This causes two things - I groan, and I flail my arms a bit as my balance goes off and I hopelessly try to regain it before I fall. I'm probably a fairly scary sight as I lurch around groaning at random, arms waving everywhere.

Shame they already made Van Helsing, I'd be a shoe in for the Frankenstein's monster :S

Nearly 14 hours later I'm still in work, waiting for servers to stop being silly and actually behave and writing this between bursts of thinking.

Give DAoC :)

Your day HAS to be better than mine :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aw bless yer lil cotton socks tbh though there is some good news..."Shame they already made Van Helsing, I'd be a shoe in for the Frankenstein's monster :S" afaik van helsing was the dude that tracked dracula and the film is about vampires sooo you could reinact the day and send a tape off to a studio for the film Van Oro!!! i'd watch it!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
lol funny and painfull at teh same time, good story tho! :D

PS. get well soon! :D in the mean time, post piccies! :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
unlucky, nearly as bad as the day i got fired from my job arrested and then had to walk about 5 miles home from the police station cos the fuckers wouldnt give a hardened criminal like miself a lift at 2am on friday morning, fuckers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom