Groupsetup need some advice.

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Hi. Im about to start making a guild RvR group to get Warriors of the Mist into the real RvR and not just stealther RvR.

So what is a good group setup these days. was thinking in the line of this

Healer
Healer
Shaman
Zerk
Runie
Sm
Sm
Warrior

Whats your thoughts? almost thinking of switching Warrior for another healer but not sure yet.

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm perhaps a skald in there instead of warrior.. never even thought of it ;)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
There are many ways you can go about it, but you obviously need a few core classes. The strength of Midgard really lies in the ability to have 4 seers in a group without gimping it (i.e. 1 shaman and 3 healers), so if you can get that, you should. With two healers, one will be focusing on CCing and will not have (much) time to heal, and then all it takes is for the second healer to be interrupted for bad things to start happening.

Here's my suggestion:

1 x Pac Healer (44P/30M) - ML9+ Sojourner (driver)
1 x Mend/Pac Healer (40M/36P) - ML9+ Sojourner
1 x Mend/Aug Healer (39M/37A) - ML9+ Sojourner
1 x Aug/Cave Shaman (?) - ML8+ Perfector
1 x Warrior (50Wpn/50S/50P) - ML8+ Battlemaster
1 x Berserker/BD - ML9+ Banelord
2 x damage dealers

The core group (i.e. the first four slots) stays the same, but you can swap in and out classes as necessary; for instance, get rid of the melee chars to make a pure caster group, or add a Savage for more melee power. Skalds are less important these days, even though another FZ can be a useful addition. Replace a healer with a damage dealer if you're feeling brave; you're less resilient to things going bad, but you will have more offensive power.

Lenore

Loyal Freddie
Belomar said:
1 x Pac Healer (44P/30M) - ML9+ Sojourner (driver)
1 x Mend/Pac Healer (40M/36P) - ML9+ Sojourner
1 x Mend/Aug Healer (39M/37A) - ML9+ Sojourner
1 x Aug/Cave Shaman (?) - ML8+ Perfector
1 x Warrior (50Wpn/50S/50P) - ML8+ Battlemaster
1 x Berserker/BD - ML9+ Banelord
2 x damage dealers

tbh imo if u have 4 seers u dont really need a warrior, either have a sojo skald for speed or a runie and either go half casters half tanks, or have mostly tanks and 1 caster or mostly casters with 1 tank. if that makes any sense at all. but tbh u cant get away with having full tank or full caster groups anymore

probably made no sense there at all but nm!

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Nice 1 mattis :) hope you get it working.

Maybe something we shouldve tried ages ago :p (you keep quiet len!)

Too bad i'm not playing anymore...

/Dracus

Lenore

Loyal Freddie
Dracus said:

/Dracus

not keeping quiet, its ur fault u didnt wanna do it like 6 months ago! and now u do, pfft! but anyways if u get something sorted and need a healer and im not busy just shout and ill come help

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Lenore said:
not keeping quiet, its ur fault u didnt wanna do it like 6 months ago! and now u do, pfft! but anyways if u get something sorted and need a healer and im not busy just shout and ill come help

lolol

Shouldve known you'd do that :p hows it working out for u atm? still in KN?

/Dracus

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Lenore said:
tbh imo if u have 4 seers u dont really need a warrior, either have a sojo skald for speed or a runie and either go half casters half tanks, or have mostly tanks and 1 caster or mostly casters with 1 tank. if that makes any sense at all. but tbh u cant get away with having full tank or full caster groups anymore
Look again, my suggested group is not a full caster group, nor a full tank group--I left 2 slots open for any kind of damage dealers. Yes, the addition of a Warrior can be discussed, but bodyguard is a useful ability, and grapple can be vital against enemy Banelords.

Lenore

Loyal Freddie
Dracus said:
lolol

Shouldve known you'd do that :p hows it working out for u atm? still in KN?

/Dracus

look in rvr section for KN rvr movie and look for the lil pink d0rf. tbh start playing again, too many ppl quitting atm thinking they have a rl :p

arawem

Loyal Freddie
Why get a warrior when u can get a thane?

Warriors can slam an enemy on ur healers, thanes can slam 2.
Warriors have bodyguard, thanes have that 2.
Warriors can not cast to interrupt, thanes can.

Ur not going use a warrior to do damage in a caster group, u have the runies and sms for that, and thanes can nuke quite hard if they are well equipped. Only thing warrior win is that they have det, but thats going change in 2 weeks, so why dont u start training for NF? :)

Just my 2 cents.

mikey

Fledgling Freddie
U have to have BG in a proper grp, u can kill any random with whatever setup u like tbh but when u start meeting PE etc ur genna find unless u have BG on MA'd targets u'll die in seconds instead of minutes :fluffle:

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Aye to bad lenore but 6 months ago i was all busy rebuilding my hunter to fairly nice RR again.. Now im almost finished with Mattis toa gear.. got all items just need to lvl some more. I tried some group RvR in nf and I also miss group RvR from the time i played boromir (rr4 warr). So im really gonna try getting this up and running.. going away for 2 weeks now and as i comeback im gonna try sorting it out..

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Dracus said:

Too bad i'm not playing anymore...

/Dracus
Feel free to apply for spot and start playing again Dracu NF is gonna be some fun i think!

Luktar

Loyal Freddie
arawem said:
Why get a warrior when u can get a thane?

Warriors can slam an enemy on ur healers, thanes can slam 2.
Warriors have bodyguard, thanes have that 2.
Warriors can not cast to interrupt, thanes can.

Ur not going use a warrior to do damage in a caster group, u have the runies and sms for that, and thanes can nuke quite hard if they are well equipped. Only thing warrior win is that they have det, but thats going change in 2 weeks, so why dont u start training for NF? :)

Just my 2 cents.

thanes don't have determination.. no use of bodyguard if mezzed?

Lenore

Loyal Freddie
thanes get it in NF but still dont make up for their lack of ws :fluffle:

Mordur

One of Freddy's beloved
just a thought here, didnt read thru entire thread as im too lazy today

pachealer (driver/heal) ml9 sojo
aughealer (resists/interrupts/heals) ml9 sojo
shaman (resists/shears/end/interrupts) ml5 perf
dark sm (second pac/range attacks/debuffs/interrupts) ml10 convo
supp sm (pbaoe goodness/interrupts) ml10 convo
supp sm (pbaoe goodness/interrupts) ml10 convo
skald (speed/interrupts/semi range attack) ml9 sojo

gives you 1 free spot; either go with a banelord BD for uber interrupting power, or a zerk banelord for skald/zerk assist train and a bit lower interrupts but still pretty nice interrupting power

or you could go for bg savage/warrior, or another healer, or another dark sm... choices are pretty open imo i ran with grps like that before and they work pretty nice :)

bg isnt really needed (imho) if you know how to play your grp... people like PE are a pest anyway so just all aim for onigiri and pbuck and make a sport out of killing them ;)

trick is to have 4 people perma interrupting an entire grp, and when you can do that you dont need bg at all. with 3 petcasters + 2 skald who can keep 2 targets interrupted at any time (fz+dd's on one, melee on other) , and 2 healers who can fz/lull/mezz when they have the time, and a shammie that can do some nice ae interrupts, enemy grps will have a hell of a lot to deal with. it takes practice, but in theory it should work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom