Grouping ?

sirin

Fledgling Freddie
Hey

I have a level 11 paladin, and I am getting bored of soloing real quickly :(

Where do people my level go to get groups ? How do I get groups ? Is there a looking for grp tab like in DAoC, or do I just ask in region or whatever if any wants me ?

As you can probably tell, this is my first character, and I am a noob :)

Cheers

Sirin

Gatts

Fledgling Freddie
haven't found a grouping tab yet but I try to friend people who I come accross and like so I can ask to group next time they play. Apart from that i'm on the horde side so can't group with you.... can try to bash your head tho..... . You can always ask in general chat if people would like to group.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
It's just a sad fact that at the moment soloing nets much better exp than grouping.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Lumikki said:
It's just a sad fact that at the moment soloing nets much better exp than grouping.
Even after they upped the exp in instances? I'd reckon a solid group in good instances could net quite a decent amount of exp / loot otherwise :)

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
from my experience in beta no one grps ... all ppl seem to do is quests...

oh ye rouges r so coool:d

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
haven't found a grouping tab yet

Erm, are you kidding me ? WoW does not have a lfg system ? I have to spam general chat for it ?

This is pretty much basic stuff for any mmorpg around these days, I hope this is on the devs wishing list, right ?

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Abel said:
WoW does not have a lfg system ?
Its there, and it seems to work, but people so far dont appear to be using it.

Theres no way of marking yourself as LFG for particular quests - but its easy to ask in general chat channel if anyone else wants to group for X/Y/Z quests. People always prefer the easy option.

So far Ive had no problems finding groups when required/wanted, generally its worked out fairly well. Some groups just for 1 particular quest, at other times groups stuck together for a few hours, doing a few different quests together.

As for xp gain in groups vs solo: Ive actually no idea - have been paying as little attention to the xp bar as possible :)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Draylor said:
have been paying as little attention to the xp bar as possible :)
And that's a good thing :)

One notable thing about when you're asking for group for a certain quest, is that you can make the quest name clickable by those who read the chat. Once clicked, it opens a window describing the quest and the rewards for it.

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
sirin said:
Hey

I have a level 11 paladin, and I am getting bored of soloing real quickly :(

Where do people my level go to get groups ? How do I get groups ? Is there a looking for grp tab like in DAoC, or do I just ask in region or whatever if any wants me ?

As you can probably tell, this is my first character, and I am a noob :)

Cheers

Sirin

When you say soloing.. do you mean purely xp'ing? If so, then yer.. its kinda boring :/

HOWEVER you doing your quests? That way its much more fun to 'solo' plus u get a nice lump of XP at the end (or maybe a nice item or 2). Also depending on the quest i.e if its an Elite mob then grouping comes much easier, just stand in a town and spam for who's doing VC etc!!

Plus if you want to be more grp friendly (as its ur first char) go healer type or prot talent arms.. they ALWAYS get grps!

Meh an arms warrior, and even i get grp's plenty enough!

Just expect the grp to break up pretty fast after the quest is complete... seems to me that happens quite a lot :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom