Group drops

O

old.Tijl

While waiting for a minstrel before doing twees, we killed some Cailleach Guards. I'm a lvl 48 crushing pala. The cleric dinged 48 and a few kills later, a hammer drops, the cleric keeps the hammer saying its definately a cleric hammer because of the 10 piety.

After asking around about this hammer, i learn that this hammer is a pure fighter hammer with only one equal dropping in dartmoor, so i ask the cleric if i could trade it with him... No, he likes to keep it... ? It doesnt have any smite/rejuv/enh on it, what can he possibly do with it?

Can some1 tell me if a cleric can do something with this hammer? If not i'll spam him with some macro :p

This rly ruined my evening, suicided on twees and hit the powerbutton... If this game gets more annoying, who can blame ppl leaving it?

Tijl

O

old.Im pac man!!

If he can wear it , you could consider it a cleric hammer. You know the name of the hammer?

O

old.Tijl

I think it was Caillondar Hammer, i aint sure thou, cant find it on allakazam.

dps 16.3
10 piety, also strenth, con and +2or3 to crush
With proc

Tijl

X

--xion--

ahh well firstly find out what weapon he used to have before the drop, he might have really needed it, but if he did have a good one hmm maybe for an alt or sommin? but the group should decide overall who gets what drops as your all fighting for it.

O

old.Tijl

True true :)

i'll stop whining <momy i want my candy :p >

Well, its worth playing for this sweety so long nights to follow.

pff i'm one jealous gimped pala :p

Tijl

X

--xion--

nah just find out if its worth him having it , if it is yea leave him if it isnt take action and find out the reason why :)

B

Bilf

I'd say the +10 pie makes it a cleric item, I wouldn't mind having that one. :)

Having +smite/enhance/rejuve doesn't always make it a must have as an item. My epic hammer has +4 smite, but I have 44 +11 smite with or without it.

O

old.Galieran

Cailiondar Mace

I looked the item up in the manual:

Its not a hammer, but a mace:

Cailiondar Mace, lvl 50 Item

Qua: 91 %
Spd: 3,6
Dps: 16,2
Bon: 25%
Crush +3
Piety +10
Constitution +4
Strenght +4

Being a cleric/pala nOOb I dunno who needs it most, BUT we all know what functions a tank and a healer has. The healer should not be engaged in melee imo, therefore the one who is meleeing should get.

Ahem - btw, does anyone have any of these items for sale:

Ring of Granite Enhancement
Human Tooth Necklace
Afanc Tooth-Edged Cloak

If you do, you don´t need ém, just hand ém over. They are not really worth anything - Cough - , except for me.

S

Sharp Thing

pretty sure dps is 16,1, since i have one in my inventory atm (going to tijl btw, thnx DVE for it :) )

O

old.Galieran

I dunno what the dps I just read it in the Bible. Could have been a typing error in that bible.:)

C

Chenuba

The +3 crush, str and con buffs makes it a Paladin mace IMO.
10 + to piety isn't enought to make it a cleric mace, pallys use piety as well.
Kind of annoying infact that every time a thing got piety in it it's considered clericstuff. Both friars and pallys use piety.

that's my 25 cents

O

old.Tijl

:clap: DVE :clap:

Tx for this Kcinimodus, i owe you :)

Tijl

S

sorusi

I really hope that most of the groups spit their loot between the members... so i plate drops the tanks get it etc.... However those ppl whos asking for money/items when an drop is there... they can really piss you off :)

Still these ppl are of a rare kind and thats great ;)

B

bob007

Haveing pie dosen't make it a cleric hammer, But having + crush stats make it a fighting hammer. Us poor clerics get no styles, we swing - we miss. :D . Pie just makes it a healing type hammer as someone said above so pala, cleric, friar. as a not sure of friars can use a mace I would say its a paladins crush mace an there fore should have gone to a pala. There are better lvl 50 hammers there anyway, Ravenclan giants drop a +3 or 4 smite hammer, Very nice :D dps 16.1 spd 3.? no proc tho i don't think would have to log in an check. Or the granite polverizer same dps an speed but with proc.

Tijl if you need a hammer message me in game think i got 2 crush pala type hammers there, No good to me so if you want hit the send an i'll sort it. :)

G

Graknak

soz to spoil the fun but here is something from the 1.51 patch notes:

=======================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Version 1.51 Release Notes

=======================================

OBJECT NOTES

We have begun to weed out items that have invalid skill bonuses or stat increases that are not useful. This is the first batch of fixes, and we will be continuing to fix these types of problems on an on-going basis. The majority of these items had evade, bow skill, and/or were Paladin items with chants or piety. None of these bonuses helped anyone, so they were changed.

Conclusion: Piety is useless for Paladin but it doesn't mean the Cailliondar Mace is a cleric item, it's ment for both classes equally .

Just my thoughts :)

[edit]Best mace/hammers for non-cleric crushers are Tooth Studded Mace from the Barfog Epic Mobs (it has +7 crush and +16 str) and the Hammer of Crushing Might from Dartmoor[/edit]

O

old.LandShark

Tijl: you need a Hammer of Crushing might? Am i right in thinking that's the equal drop from dartmoor?
16.2dps, 97dd proc, a whole pile of +crush, parry, str and er something else.
msg LandShark or Cheradenine in game, or anyone in illuminati.
If you're interested that is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom