Greetings!

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Hello all,
This is just a quick post to introduce myself, a new Goa GM for the English servers. Since Kemor left, the team has been reorganised a little and there is no longer a specific GM looking after each server, rather all GMs are supporting all the English servers (including Camlann). I've been active on Prydwen for some time now so I know that community well already and I'm looking forward to getting to know the players on Excalibur and Camlann better. You may also have seen Pilote in game already, he is also joining the GM team and will be active in solving your problems.

I hope you'll give us the same chance to prove ourselves as you gave to Kemor and in turn I hope that we won't let you all down. You can contact me with your questions, problems or concerns at requiel<nospamplease>@goa.com and, while I can't guarantee an immediate reply, I'll try and get back to you as soon as possible. Please remember though that RightNow is the best way to report problems to the team and my email address is only for issues you need to raise with me rather than the GM team.

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Well welcome aboard , now do all us midgardians a favor and play half an hour or so in our ToA zones ;)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Welcome.

ToA zones till not fixed? :eek7:

Well then we know what the first job for our new GM is.

/remove old server /insert new strong server

:)

Serdan

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome to the madhouse :)

btw, what about 1.68? I would expect it goes live tommorow, but still no news anywhere. Delayed?

Beeper

Fledgling Freddie
Hi and welcome. Hope you have a lot of fun in your new role. It's nice to know you are there :drink:

(Please get GOA to get the new Prydwen hardware out of its box and plugged in so we can go and get our relics back off the Mids :clap: )

Sigurd

Banned
Hi everyone, I'm the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. Nice to meet you all! Well, I'm taking over from old Tony, so if you have any requests etc. please let me know - oh, you don't believe me? :(

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Hello :)

Requiel said:
Since Kemor left, the team has been reorganised a little and there is no longer a specific GM looking after each server, rather all GMs are supporting all the English servers (including Camlann)

Does this mean there will be a pool of three GMs looking after the three English servers? If so do you have any comments regarding Everquest's experience of moving from one GM for each server to a floating pool covering them all? From my own point of view there it actually made service worse (for the customers) rather than better because no one GM knew the community quite as well anymore. If you read Kemor's leaving thread one of the major things noted in almost every post is how well everyone knew him and how good it was to have a single point of contact about any problems.

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
My assumption that Requiel is the English server GM, there will be a french GM and a greman GM looking after their respective servers... but thats just what I read into what he said.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome aboard m8y,

Bit worried about the pool of GM's at the end of the day somebody has to be made responsible........ as the say "if ya want to get nothing done, form a committee", lets hope this is not he case and best of luck.......

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Takitothemacs said:
My assumption that Requiel is the English server GM, there will be a french GM and a greman GM looking after their respective servers... but thats just what I read into what he said.
Not quite. There will be a pool of GMs for each language team, so I will be working with Zargar and Pilote on the English language servers.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
Not quite. There will be a pool of GMs for each language team, so I will be working with Zargar and Pilote on the English language servers.

Sounds good to me, in many ways it's better to have responsibility split over a team anyway.

Good luck with the new job though, you;ll need it with this shower of bastards to look after (and I do include myself in that) ;)

Zargar

Fledgling Freddie
Good points Revs, and they have been taken into consideration when making the new plans. What you are seeing now are only the first steps though, there is more to follow in the coming months, and I certainly believe it will result in overall better support for you guys. That is in the future though, for now I'll just chime in and wish Requiel and Pilote welcome.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Welcome to the boards, Requiel :cheers:

Tilda

Welcome to Freddys's :D
Hope to see you in game.
/edit or on irc !

Tilda

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome, and good luck.

(I'm sure the vast majority of players never had much contact with GMs anyway, so any change can only be an improvement.)

Eroa

Banned
Welcome.. now go fix ml8.6 step in hib/pryd.. mob never spawn etc ^^;

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Jaaargh...welcom' aboard m8y :bazbeer: look forward to showing you the water from our side of the skiff :clap:

/Dracus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom