Great Debate: zombies; yea or nay?

zombies. love them or hate them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
as title. and I shall add some poll options!

Will

/bin/su
Old school are the way. Though pirate zombies are acceptable, as long as they are slow pirates.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
walking away slightly more quickly>zombies

zombies>every living person is a fucking idiot

0>good zombie movies. Ever.

mank!

Part of the furniture
walking away slightly more quickly>zombies

zombies>every living person is a fucking idiot

0>good zombie movies. Ever.

i hope you get mauled and brutally killed by rampaging zombies who amble around like drunken homeless people.

poetic justice!

Kryten

Old Cow.
Only acceptable zombies are seen in Shaun of the Dead.
All others are imposters.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I always found the slow zombies a little pathetic, the newer faster versions are atleast slightly scarier imo, but I can understand those who think zombies should be slow :D

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Old school zombies!!

If we had smart fast zombies every good guy would be dead in 15 minutes and the movie would be over ;)

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Old Skool Zombies.

The new fast gymnastic expert zombies are crap. Stick to the slow moving groaning and moaning style i say.

DaGaffer

Old school zombies!!

If we had smart fast zombies every good guy would be dead in 15 minutes and the movie would be over ;)

You say that like its a bad thing. I could probably tolerate a 15 minute zombie movie. Just.

TdC

is that the one about the killer sheep?

Damini

Part of the furniture
No, the one about sheep is called Black Sheep. It's a good comedy horror, if you enjoyed Brain Dead and films of that ilk.

This one is just a short film, set in the eighties during a zombie apocolypse, focusing on three guys trapped in a car. It's awesome.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
zombies are great, but whats with them...
...exploding in daylight in I Am Legend? i mean are they vampire zombies? Vombies? Zampires?!?!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Spoiler tag sticky, fs.

DaGaffer

...exploding in daylight in I Am Legend? i mean are they vampire zombies? Vombies? Zampires?!?!

Well, in the book, and the original movie, and Simpsons Tree House of Horror VIII they're sort of mutant vampires.

Will

/bin/su
I wish I had never started with the spoiler tags. Its not like I really give a shit.

mank!

Part of the furniture
i just rewatched the original dawn of the dead. it's a masterpiece.

Will

/bin/su
I watched the remake last week. Its a fucking travesty.

It wouldn't be that bad, if it wasn't based on such an awesome film. But you are just left wishing you had watched the original.

TdC

wow I'm impressed by the level of immersive zombie discussion. though everyone who failed to choose the pirate zombie option is clearly very wrong, naturally. naturally wrong, mmm. anyway, I remember that back on BW we once had a thread about describing the efforts you'd take to protect yourself from a zombie outbreak. I believe it was started by SAS, and his efforts were particularly gruesome, before he perished horribly. Shall we do that again? Anyone remember as well?

mank!

Part of the furniture
i don't remember anything from 2002-2003 :(

i think i've seen enough zombie films to keep myself pretty safe.

TdC

I seem to recall my version of the first day was along the lines of me dying about 8 hours in because I tried to stay in my flat. I was perfectly secure until I got the idea to go into town to try to get a weapon of some sort. I went outside with a shovel, but got mobbed in the park between my flat and the city. I smacked one zombie in the head with the shovel, and tried to mow another down but got the shovel tangled. Then another zombie stepped up and managed to bite my outstretched hand and I went down.

result: death.
score: 1 zombie decapitated, 1 zombie wounded.

DaGaffer

wow I'm impressed by the level of immersive zombie discussion. though everyone who failed to choose the pirate zombie option is clearly very wrong, naturally. naturally wrong, mmm. anyway, I remember that back on BW we once had a thread about describing the efforts you'd take to protect yourself from a zombie outbreak. I believe it was started by SAS, and his efforts were particularly gruesome, before he perished horribly. Shall we do that again? Anyone remember as well?

If you want zombie pirates, read this book; On Stranger Tides, by Tim Powers. Its an excellent read, (I'm sure POTC nicked some of their ideas from it).

mank!

Part of the furniture
I seem to recall my version of the first day was along the lines of me dying about 8 hours in because I tried to stay in my flat. I was perfectly secure until I got the idea to go into town to try to get a weapon of some sort. I went outside with a shovel, but got mobbed in the park between my flat and the city. I smacked one zombie in the head with the shovel, and tried to mow another down but got the shovel tangled. Then another zombie stepped up and managed to bite my outstretched hand and I went down.

result: death.
score: 1 zombie decapitated, 1 zombie wounded.

i think common logic suggests that gathering in small groups somewhere with supplies is the best method of survival. cities are always first to get wiped out.

my location and surroundings are pretty promising although it can be quite easy to get cut off. the farmers around here go shooting, so there are guns and ammo nearby if neccesary. there's one main route in and out by road but the fields are big and open.

only a few miles from an RAF base as well which is handy. in the case of a zombie attack, i'd fancy my chances.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Good God what kind of Zombie noobs do we have here?

ZOMBIES DO NOT CARE ABOUT DAYLIGHT. THEY JUST WANT BRAINS AND TO GO SHOPPING.

THINGS THAT EXPLODE IN DAYLIGHT ARE NOT ZOMBIES. THEY ARE JUST INFERIOR.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yep Ormorof, they were hardly zombies. More caveman vampire.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Surely if you just run up some stairs... no wait, that's Daleks, oh wait, they fixed that too! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom