grats

C

chase..

grats to all albs for doing such a nice relic raid.too bad for you that we dont have any left.No more albs in odins for a while now.

O

old.m0000

omg a middie who aint whining

<screenshot>

S

Subbiz

Originally posted by old.m0000
omg a middie who aint whining

<screenshot>

arent u a bit of a jackass? feel happy about urself? go play cs the community fits better for u :)

O

old.chipper

the guy throws albion a compliment and the first thing u do is throw it back at him and then you wonder why we get flamed all the time grow up is peeple like u that give albion a bad name

/salute to chase

least he can be grown up about it

C

chase..

thx chipper finally a alb that isnt whining about us mids whining =)

O

old.Karamon

Originally posted by chase.
grats to all albs for doing such a nice relic raid.too bad for you that we dont have any left.No more albs in odins for a while now.

I expect you mids trying to take it back soon.
Thx for the grats

K

Khalen

Now this I like... People who can get along with each other :) Players amongst players :)

Peace :clap:

D

Derianna

Gratz albs :>
Im proud we have strong enemies(this is not ironic).
"this, what will not kill us, will make us stronger"

:>

Regards,
Derianna

O

old.Talivar

hmmm i personally think u should all be thankfull my army of 6 hibs arrived to late( ran all the way from the bog of cullen to find 5-6 measly mids )...cus if we had.........................

F

Flimgoblin

*salutes to chase*

Shall be in Lyonesse with my pants down for when you try your next relic raid.

I mean erm, in Excalibur defending vigilantly!

Hope to see you there :)

PS. nice work to the hibs ambushing the force at the mile gate... even if you didn't succeed. Wish I coulda stayed up longer and seen that... but I was fallin' asleep at my keyboard and work in the morning....

Z

Zag Barr

Thank you all

Somewhere in between all the senseless whines and flames from all sides (including Albs) someone said: "Albs only attempt relic raids, when they are sure they will win it."

Starting Monday, when I started to organise this raid, until last night 1:30, when I was at Castle Sauvage trying to gather a decent force around the two relic bearers, watching dozens of realm mates running of in small groups, reading lots and lots of death messages, I wasn't sure this raid will succeed. Many people told me in messages, this raid is doomed to fail. Well it didn't.

We set off to take 3 relics at once. We knew we had to hold the relic keep for well over 30 minutes, until our relic is home, to be able to take the other two. We also knew that Hibs and Mids will throw everything at us, they can get organised, once the raid is spotted. Gathering a force big enough to pull this, it had to be done in main hours - although admittedly towards the end of main hours, to minimise the risk of getting spotted early.

The army left Odin ATK at 11:45 pm GMT, when our Infis, Scouts and minstrels reported the way to be clear and no one being inside the relic keep. We started hitting the first door short after midnight, while the second army took position to kill incoming defenders - we all really thought there would be more defense and earlier defence.

To cut a long story short: At 1:34 am GMT all 3 relics were stored away safely in Excalibur keep - and in between there were quite a few critical moments, when we were about to fail.

This actually was an attempt to take relics, while beating a defence. Although the defence showed late (shortly before we were about to leave Molljner with the last two relics) there was defence. Just not organised enough to beat us.

Hibs had the best chance at AMG in Odin's - but we were lucky too many of them were facing in the wrong direction, when we hit them with the remainders of the relic force.

I want to thank the whole realm of Albion, since most of you were involved in that raid in one or the other way. My special thanks go to:

Brommix and Odysseus, who did an excellent job leading their crowds, even though they both got thrown into it on very short notice.

To all guilds who trusted me with their cash earlier in the day, to actually fix the Excalibur gates and not run off with it :)

To everybody who brought a ram - and there especially Herbal and Daivana to organise the ram teams.

To Tilde, Stone and Regtur - who carried the relics safely without death or LD.

And last but not least, the small crowd of Albs that helped this relic raid so immensely by putting up a worthy fight in Emain and porting into Odin's just in time to help the first relic thru.

I will not mention guilds, because all of them were there, who have a single member over level 40.

Great work and thanks to all of you. And don't get annoyed by all the flames on this board. When they take those 3 relics back from us, we will be really pissed of as well ;)

PS: The next big raid must be arranged by someone else. I just can't take all this stress and typing :D

D

Derianna

Zag, i realy would be glad to sit with u at midgard tavern and drink some beer while others blaming each others :>

Am i pissed off? Yup, realy :>
But who matters? And why do i have to show it on board?

If any of midgardian is pissed of- show it in game- get together, organize relic raids :>.
And if any of Albion peep is proud from getting 3 relic at once- im not suprised they are :>. They have reason to be proud.

Once again. gratz, and middies- get to work :>

Regards
Derianna

K

Khalen

He I build rams, I leaded the first relic back home :p
I was really glad we had at least 8 from my guild for a change :) Tanx all who came and staying up so late with me.. Damn I'm really tired now on my work :(

O

old.Arya

Leading and getting so many peeps in a succesful raid is a good job. :clap:

Still frustrating to get overrun by you ;)

H

Herbal Remedy

indeed flaming is pointless, there was a few points where i thought wed lost the two relics, the main one when the reports of hibs at amd in odins kept increasing in number being in the group with both relic while passing through amg i was stuck to regtur hit sprint with my finger over the insta key didnt think wed get through unspotted as we where the only group sprinting through amg with minstrel speed. Was great fun and lots of stress and well done to zag who organised it :clap:

G

gronk

not sure if i can ask this here, but here it goes.

how do u pass the relic from one to the other,can u drop that relic whenever u want?how long does it lay around after u droped it somewhere?

would be nice if i could get an answer on them questions :D

and a BIG FAT GRATZ to the albs for the raid :clap:

K

Khalen

Originally posted by gronk
not sure if i can ask this here, but here it goes.

how do u pass the relic from one to the other,can u drop that relic whenever u want?how long does it lay around after u droped it somewhere?

would be nice if i could get an answer on them questions :D

and a BIG FAT GRATZ to the albs for the raid :clap:

1. It's just like plain weapons, armor. It's an icon in your inventory.

2. Yeah can drop it in the lake or any volcano ;)

3. As far as I know it can lie there for 2 hours and then it auto returns to the relic keep (where you got it from).

O

old.TheAussie

This is an alb that regrets he went to Mid =P

(like Finster :p )

G

grenic

Thanks for the description of what happened. I have only just started playing and can't go to RvR but want to know what happens out there.

Anyone know where these descriptions get posted regularly? I'm in Mid and would like some description of what happened from out side (no flames, just IC descriptions).

Thanks for a good thread without any petty flaming.

Grenic
(arron)

Users who are viewing this thread