Grapple = 2fg > 1fg all the time?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Encountered this fabolous ML ability a few times. I'm curios about your oppinion ladies and gentleman... When i faced Grapple against overwhelming numbers (fg vs 2-3fg) we usually lost due to the fact 2-3 ppl were taken out of combat, being spammed by grapple. While we loose 2-3 ppl from an fg, mainly our dmg dealers, the opponent still had 6+ dmg dealers runing around killing the rest of the grp. This is not a whine as i said i just would like to know what you guys think bout it, is this the general idea of grapple (numbers >> everything), any ideas how to handle Grapple versus 2fg or so (xpect going with 2fg or making release macro :>

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Just wait for Charge in frontiers, and all the whines and tears from the perma grapple spammers will start forming oceans.

Tbfh.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
Encountered this fabolous ML ability a few times. I'm curios about your oppinion ladies and gentleman... When i faced Grapple against overwhelming numbers (fg vs 2-3fg) we usually lost due to the fact 2-3 ppl were taken out of combat, being spammed by grapple. While we loose 2-3 ppl from an fg, mainly our dmg dealers, the opponent still had 6+ dmg dealers runing around killing the rest of the grp. This is not a whine as i said i just would like to know what you guys think bout it, is this the general idea of grapple (numbers >> everything), any ideas how to handle Grapple versus 2fg or so (xpect going with 2fg or making release macro :>
did u expect to win 1fgvs2fg b4 grapple? ofc 1fg of good playes >2 fg pick up grps but else u dont think u shall expect to win over more then 1fg if u self r 1 fg. ¨

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Not been out in rvr land since TOA yet but i would imagine the 2FG >1fg anyway.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:
did u expect to win 1fgvs2fg b4 grapple? ofc 1fg of good playes >2 fg pick up grps but else u dont think u shall expect to win over more then 1fg if u self r 1 fg. ¨

yep, been there done that. Ofc not against 2 balanced mid-high rr grps, was talking about pickup-grps spaming grapple, just wanted to know if thats the idea of this.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:
Well, we expected to win against those 2 fgs, if they are pick up grps even 3, but with this grapple spamming we not even have chance to kill more then 1-2 (if we can kill anyone at all).

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Well, we expected to win against those 2 fgs, if they are pick up grps even 3, but with this grapple spamming we not even have chance to kill more then 1-2 (if we can kill anyone at all).

Time to change your tactics then maybe?

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Iceflower said:
>Well, we expected to win against those 2 fgs, if they are pick up grps even 3, but with this grapple spamming we not even have chance to kill more then 1-2 (if we can kill anyone at all).

Time to change your tactics then maybe?
You cant change tactics just roll other chars and we got 50 ~3 weeks ago so no mood to go back xpiing again.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
imo do hungarian polga dance and play with casters :)

Hi mate :)

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Time to get over the 4 savage assist train 4tehwin mentality and bring some ranged damage :p

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
PJS said:
Time to get over the 4 savage assist train 4tehwin mentality and bring some ranged damage :p
We are newcommers on Exc/Mid so we not even had time to get in 4 svg mentality (we have 1 tho :> ) hence kinda hard to get over just after got 50. ;)

Tho it's kinda clear with MLs and Frontiers that caster grp is the way to go.

Inspite of this, the question what Dorin asked, still on.
"any ideas how to handle Grapple versus 2fg or so"

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Killerbee said:
What the hell is polga? :) (If you meant polka, thats not Hungarian :) )

Its all same to me tbh. And it comes from far away so it must be Hungarian xD

Serious tho: Yes TOA was ment to make zergs stronger. Power-wards, AE heals, heal-wards, storms and the like.

When you're fighting 1fg vs 2fg and your 1fg has a few members being grappled well then you're bound to loose.

Kinda could have told you that before rolling another gankgroup with tanks tbh. Tanks are NOT the way to go in TOA. Just look at Grapple, Bodyguard, disarm-procs, etc etc.

Only thing you can do about it is CC them and then kill em before stun wears off. However 1-2 purges are enough to make 1-2 grapplers free and take out the majority of dmg-dealing from a tanksquad.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Kinda could have told you that before rolling another gankgroup with tanks tbh. Tanks are NOT the way to go in TOA. Just look at Grapple, Bodyguard, disarm-procs, etc etc.
Well, we thought we could finish xpiing almost 1 month earlier (didnt plan more than 1-2 months), and we have kinda lot casters (pbaoe xp grp :) ), unfortunatly they are our healers as well :(

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Killerbee said:
We are newcommers on Exc/Mid so we not even had time to get in 4 svg mentality (we have 1 tho :> ) hence kinda hard to get over just after got 50. ;)

Tho it's kinda clear with MLs and Frontiers that caster grp is the way to go.

Inspite of this, the question what Dorin asked, still on.
"any ideas how to handle Grapple versus 2fg or so"

3fg>2fg

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
lol, this post came about because 1fgs got beat by 2fgs? oh wait you're serious i'll laugh harder LOLOLOLOL!

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
lol, this post came about because 1fgs got beat by 2fgs? oh wait you're serious i'll laugh harder LOLOLOLOL!
Because it's sooooooooo funny...

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Balbor said:

I was going to post something similar, but without the childish accent

as Mythic would say, if 2 fg beats 1 fg..... working as intended

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
lol, this post came from the retard who post a thread with this Why crush is not FOTM! title. :rolleyes:

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
SilverHood said:
I was going to post something similar, but without the childish accent

as Mythic would say, if 2 fg beats 1 fg..... working as intended
Not really, in this method you dont need several classes just numbers, even 16 rr1 merc with purge (without any support class) would kill any tank grp due to grapple.

+ the numbers issue is still problem (some realms are underpopulated) so in the case what you mention, they screwed it even more ;)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:

let me guess you are one of the alb zerglings retards who got farmed and farmed and farmed all over or you dont rvsr? I mean we are talking about 2fgs here not, 60 ppl like in the dh movie ( well was a laugh for me at least, pbae going through walls is a joke still yet working as intented... have to admit funy to do :d) or the typical "mezz-pbae 3fg albs to sauvage" 1.51 hibernia... but oh yea keep on laughing. I really dont understand what the hell is up with ppl saying"omg you cant possibly kill 2fg with 1fg, what you talking about".... EVERYONE who had a good grp in this game been there done that. Was only curious if that came to an end with tank ONLY setups against zerg (with caster grps you can kill faster)

Thanks for the info puppet :> Started tank grp in mid becouse didnt want caster setup after Hibie land, but seems so its a must if we want to be vialable in rvsr. We are not the l33test uber gankzor ppl, but i dont rly like getting pwned against grps we could beat pretoa becouse we are not the current "compatible with this patch and expansion" setup.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
omg! a whine because 1fg got ganked by 2fg?! what's next? complaints that the dragons don't hand out respec stones for free when you right-click on 'em? :m00:

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
omg! a whine because 1fg got ganked by 2fg?! what's next? complaints that the dragons don't hand out respec stones for free when you right-click on 'em? :m00:
Thanks for your intelligent and constructive post on the topic. Be our guest next time as well.

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
Chrystina said:
i totally agree

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
grapple is fun but it aint as overpowereed as some whiners suggest.

when u grapple somebody it maes the grappler (and the grappled) EXTREMELY defenseless . u are basically free rp's if anybody trys hit you.

if a caster is grappled it dont effect him as much (apart from he cant kite u) cos thi patch he CAN cast,

and also who ever is grappling is ussualy a tank/melee dmge dealer of some sort hence he takes 1 tank out of combat and also takes himself out of it.

i think grapple is great cos it does allow those lower rr random grps have a slightly better chance of killing high rr grps.

cos as stated above 1fg of fixed high rr grp will ussually always pwn 2fg of random grps. thus with grapple the randoms dont get pwnd everytime :) and have a better chance off winning..

/em wonders when the bodyguard whines will start rolling in.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
i think grapple is great cos it does allow those lower rr random grps have a slightly better chance of killing high rr grps.

cos as stated above 1fg of fixed high rr grp will ussually always pwn 2fg of random grps. thus with grapple the randoms dont get pwnd everytime :) and have a better chance off winning..
Wouldn't call rr4 grp high rr :)

Btw I'd like to thank the style of your answer (little sarcasm here and there is fine ;) ), you are the second who actually posted something "usefull".

ps: zard le Dori :)

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Minimez said:
Hurrah to grapple and hurrah to DD storms :eek:

although dd storms would be nicer if they weren't ml9 and with it being the only really decent ability of stormlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom