graphics card help

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Today I need to purchase a new Graphics Card but I have no idea what one I should get... Obviously I want the graphics card to be good as I mostly play games on the PC. But I have no idea whats the best and worst card out there at the moment.

Can any of you guys give me some rough ideas on what to look for please?

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
it depends on where you are going to steal it from really ;)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I had a look at the link you had given but thats not at my local store and I need to get a graphics card today... is this any good?

Buy the SapphireRadeon HD4650 1GB PCI-E Graphics Card online at PC World

I don't know very much about graphics cards and I don't know your specific requirements. (Cost, the games you play, the monitor resolution, etc) If you want a proper answer post in Tech Discussion.

The card you posted looks to be a slightly older chip set which they have slapped some more RAM on and hoped it will still sell. And the RAM is a bit of a gimmick (its cheap and can make the card look better than it is)

There is a review hereof a similar card from a YEAR ago. I don't think that card is particularly good by todays standards but it still might be more than enough to run your games. You can get next day delivery online if you want the better card.

soze

I am a FH squatter

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Dont get the 4650 it's not worth the money.
See if you can find the 4890 as it's a better card than the 4870. The different in price is next to nothing (was when I bought it a month or 2 ago)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
4650 is shite, you want either a 4870 or a 4890. If you can't stretch to those then a 4850 might do the job.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
4890´s are insane. Best bang for the buck ever so to speak.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wait a day and get the 4870, it is amazing value at that price. Use a net-cafe for a day in-between.

Also, you do have a pci-e mobo yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom