Graphical Stutter/Lag?

B

Brannor McThife

Hi guys,

quick question or two for you all:

1) Have you noticed that you "stutter" when moving around, i.e. a synchronisation issue with your sound and movement? (footsteps).

2) Have you noticed increased graphic lag due to the almost 20 new skins (epic armours) that you now see?

3) Have you noticed anything else graphic related that is bugged? (Still trying to get GOA to let us know if See Hidden is bugged - can see hidden even when dead.)

Thanks.

-G

O

old.Azrak

I noticed the stutter all last night. I reckon (but not sure) that it is related to the ambient sounds. Whenever a new sound started playing I would get a slight pause in the game client.

Didn't notice this when walking about in dungeons.

K

Keri

Hmmm .. more lag due to epic armours? I can just see it ... naked RvR.

RvR Raid Leader: OK everyone! All lvl 50s remove your epic armour!! Everyone else remove your cloaks!!

Have there been any large scale raids with high numbers of lvl 50s in epic armour yet?

D

Danya

1) No more than usual, I tend to stutter a bit when crossing zones quickly due to loading I guess, that seems much the same in this patch.
2) No.
3) Nothing springs to mind.

S

svartalf

I get a little more lag.
A graphics issue causes the game to crash a lot more often for me.

T

Tiwaz

Originally posted by Dannyn
1) No more than usual, I tend to stutter a bit when crossing zones quickly due to loading I guess, that seems much the same in this patch.
2) No.
3) Nothing springs to mind.
This about sums it up for me too:D
No 'new' problems here at my end.

M

Melodic

Yes I have noticed graphics stutter quite a lot since the patch, most particularly in Cruachan Gorge. That is also where I was booted to desktop when used my insta-heal. (thought this hasn't happened again I have to admit)

M

mele-nko

1) Yes, it's kinda anoying
2) Yes, but i'm not sure it's more then usuall. Probabaly cause it's hard to tell the difference between 10 and 11 fps in large scale rvr~~;;
3) See hidden doesn't supposed to work when dead i think. Not sure if i remember correrectly but i think this was fixed in a later patch

D

DocWolfe

usually a relog fixes stuttering problems. I think the game has a large memory leak, and this causes the game to stutter. thats why it gets worse over time.

T

Tesla Monkor

I got a major lag/stutter when I was standing next to DC and a guild claimed it. Weird.

S

svar

Wouldnt know about stutter, since I have all sounds off and play MP3s. Its not like DAoC has anything to offer in term of sounds, unlike some other titles like AO (damn, I miss those sounds, except maybe the rollrat :)).

The graphic lag though has noticably increased, must be due to whole new set of lage textures (ie epic armors) that are being drawn at max distance. Previously I could play well with names off and effects: self unless there was some really major battle going on, now even a large band lags me after time. It is true that my system specs are not spectacular (P3@930MHz, 512MB RAM, Matrox Parhelia), but there is definitely a slowdown.

O

old.Normengast

I used to only relog once after five hours of play or so...

last night i went into malmo and had to relog twice in three hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom