Graphic Messing

O

old.job

Several times I have tried to alter the skins in DAOC, changing Howth sign to 'JOB'S TOWN' etc, but the game always seems to know and downloads the original, anyone tried this and found a way of beating it,
really sad I know, but I wan't a custom Hibernia, just for me!!!

I can't find anything in their conduct rules that specifically forbids this (probably cos you can't do it) and it wouldn't affect anyone else or be a cheat so.....

O

old.giriam

who says playing with an altered client isnt cheating? im pretty sure its against their rules of conduct or even in the licencing somewhere. altering client-side data can be used to exchange models of enemies with "spiked" ones just to give an example.

G

J

Jorillian

lol, replacing the graphics of a lurikeen with a sailsbury giant might be fun though..

A

Arlone

hmm, this is just how brightskins and spikes entered the First-person-shooter games. Someone wanted to modifie original skins and shortly there after people started making glowing green skins for all models (so sneaking and hiding in shadows was out of the question)

I would hate to have spent ~150 gold on a totally black platemail, for the purpose of 'sneaking' better at night, if people could just edit the black-skincolors to look, for example, bright red.

I really hope camelot prevents all these 'hacks' as they can be used to gain an advantage over everyone else.

<Arlonie goes back to drawingboard trying to make the transparent/stealth model into a bright red copy of a salisbury giant> :rolleyes:

V

Vell

Altering the game files in any way is against the code of conduct, and you will get a warning, a suspension, or even an outright ban for doing it. Don't be an idiot - play the game the way it is supposed to be.

O

old.Aralik

You prolly can change the graphic, depends if they do an md5 sum check on the files. They might just check the files size so you will have to keep the file sizes the same if you want to change em.

As for the bright skins, that wouldnt work and the way dye works in the game. Dye is a layer colored semi-transparent layer that goes over the top of what ever your dying. Thats why you cant have white dye because white = fully transparent (basicly you wont see it)

Im sure this is right, but if someone wants to correct me feel free :)

T

Torrad

If they made it possible to get past the cfg check/scan thing then people would find away to exploit it, or they would "change" other things to gain advantage i guess :(

O

old.job

OOps never thought of changing mobs or characters, don't even know how to do that, I was just messing with scenery skins, they are just ordinary graphic files,
I'll forget that then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom