Government in the wrong?

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
I'm half hungover so surfing some news pages and came across this:

Terrorists target London with multiple attacks. It's a nightmare scenario devised by Panorama with the help of security experts to test how well Britain would cope.

But the government condemned Panorama's programme as "irresponsible" and refused any co-operation.

The full article is well worth a read here.

The show is on tonight 10.15pm BBC1, but I was amazed at how the government refused to take part in working with Panorama, branding them irresponsible and claiming the programme will give terrorists ideas? Yet if we don't test our services how the heck would we know how we can cope under a real attack?

What's your views? (worth reading the Panorama article first mind, and maybe the show tonight).

Sigurd

Banned
I'm sure terrorists have more imagination than, say, a 2 year old cabbage, thus would be able to concieve their own plan of attack...

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
What's your views? (worth reading the Panorama article first mind, and maybe the show tonight).

I like the concept of tying both things together, did you think this up on your own? The idea seems so good it must have had female intervention? ;) ..lol

Will read and watch then get back...

JBP|

Part of the furniture
well lets face if the governments idea of defences for england amount to a 15ft wall around the houses of parliment then they plainly dont give a rats ass about the general public

tbh i think somewhere like birmingham or manchester would be just as likley to be a target as london would

Cyfr

Banned
Give the terrorists ideas? Sorry to say but the terrorists are not idiots, they will have their own, if not better ideas...
I mean, 9/11 must have taken a hell of a lot of thought...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I think the government doesnt want to get involved as they dont want to give away any of their strategies for tackeling terrorists.

If the terrorists know what plans the government has they can work around them...

But I guess they could still have been a little bit involved in the program

Also how can anyone predict a 9/11 scenario, its almost impossible.

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
The government are under no obligation to participate, so as much as that article wants to dress it up as some sort of conspiracy to gain viewers, they are not in the wrong.
Also, suicide bombers are likely but car bombs aren't? Not very thorough research then is it, I get the idea the journalists probably thought it wasn't sensationalist enough.

I also hate the phrase "Thinking outside the box".

Collino

Fledgling Freddie
I think terrorists are intelligent enough to come up with their own ideas, instead of stealing them from TV progammes. surely?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Prevention of terrorist acts relies almost entirely on intelligence. Its impossible to protect every resource we have against an attack.

That said, Panorama has been dumbed down of late, and doesn't offer an unbiased opinion. I don't blame the government for not participating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom