GOV STOLEN! oh wait..just want BM advice

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Have a bm im taking seriously now that my druids template is done ...he is a firby crush and lvl 32 atm ..i get my free respec at 40..

Ive talked to a few people ingame but just wanna be 100% sure b4 i spec my artis damage types..

SLash or Crush and why --

I rolled a firb for crush but im second guessing it ...give advice plz thanks

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
51 effective crush
51 effective slash
50+11+rr celtic dual

use battler / malice combo, one crush, one slash

swap them around so you always have neutral or vulnerable dmgtype to your mainhand :D

it's an option you could really consider, but id say slash is better atm.. neutral to all albs and rips zerks apart, and you'll still be able to hurt mid chain enough i guess

using crush against alb tanks+support who already have spec af is worthless

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
51 effective crush
51 effective slash
50+11+rr celtic dual

use battler / malice combo, one crush, one slash

swap them around so you always have neutral or vulnerable dmgtype to your mainhand :D

it's an option you could really consider, but id say slash is better atm.. neutral to all albs and rips zerks apart, and you'll still be able to hurt mid chain enough i guess

using crush against alb tanks+support who already have spec af is worthless

get debuffed and your screwed with such a spec :p

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
I actually respecced to that now (51 blades and blunt effective spec, 50+11+RR CD). Must say so far I've had highly variable results, sometimes I'm doing fine then all of a sudden I just hit for poo dmg ;( Gonna test it some more before I decide whether to respec back to my regular spec.

Oh and yes blunt vs alb chain is :-((((((((

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Eredrin said:
I actually respecced to that now (51 blades and blunt effective spec, 50+11+RR CD). Must say so far I've had highly variable results, sometimes I'm doing fine then all of a sudden I just hit for poo dmg ;( Gonna test it some more before I decide whether to respec back to my regular spec.

Oh and yes blunt vs alb chain is :-((((((((

So far in my static tests (IE not RvR) with my 51 pierce/51 blades 50 CD spec BM I've not seen a change in CD damage except based around different speed weapons, got malice/battler/sok/croc tooth and the first 3 are all 4.1 speed and on a neutral target all hit for the same amount (100-125% variance ofc).

On the other hand about the only pierce style that comes even close is DB, although variable the high growth rate of the style means the dmg is too QQ, fireblade/spectrum blade (the only two blade styles on a qbar, which I hardly use) are very patchy, although in PvE on purp mobs I've noticed the dmg variance between the 3 style lines is pretty tight :p

Still haven't made a template for it, would think it couldn't be that hard needing only +8 all weapons from items!

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
not any more than if you get debuffed with full slash/crush? :p

sure you will, have you no experience frrom your bladeshade? =)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
sure you will, have you no experience frrom your bladeshade? =)

yes, but the only way to avoid that is going thrust, which for him is no option?

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
yes, but the only way to avoid that is going thrust, which for him is no option?

um no has nothing do to with what spec you choose but how much you spec. I know when playing mine, 44blades vs 50 blades, I could do alot more without buffs, or just normaly debuffed.. with 50 blades over 44 blades.

anyway its his call, I wouldnt and now you know why =)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
um no has nothing do to with what spec you choose but how much you spec. I know when playing mine, 44blades vs 50 blades, I could do alot more without buffs, or just normaly debuffed.. with 50 blades over 44 blades.

anyway its his call, I wouldnt and now you know why =)

i havn't noticed a difference at all between 50+16 blade and 35+16 blade on my ns, debuffed or not debuffed. but a lot of people have different opinions about this, no idea what the actual truth is.

jika got 31+20 blunt on his bm and it works fine for him, afaik he didn't notice a difference at all. shrug :)

i wouldnt go for a splitspec either though, slash all the way :p

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
god damnit u stat worms ! give me a final spec ! but ty for info so far ;)

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Vodkafairy said:
i havn't noticed a difference at all between 50+16 blade and 35+16 blade on my ns, debuffed or not debuffed. but a lot of people have different opinions about this, no idea what the actual truth is.

jika got 31+20 blunt on his bm and it works fine for him, afaik he didn't notice a difference at all. shrug :)

i wouldnt go for a splitspec either though, slash all the way :p

I think the current fear of speccing 51 composite is if being debuffed has a greater impact on your WS than if you were 50 (+11 (+rr)).

CD styles own tho :p

Never ever specced blunt on BM, never will, get the feeling I should be hitting the Kodo drums rather than albs/mids :D

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Culanan said:
Never ever specced blunt on BM, never will, get the feeling I should be hitting the Kodo drums rather than albs/mids :D

lol :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom