Gotta Love The Yankies

A

Archeon

I'm sorry, some people might have read this but i cracked up when i saw this

Regular Herald readers will recognize the first half of this scam letter:

Hello,

It has come to our attention that someone recently phoned in to our customer support and attempted to guess the secret word to your account. It is our job here at Mythic to ensure safety of our customers. Please verify your account name and secret word by replying to this email so we can prevent having stolen accounts. This is a new method Mythic is going to try, in order to reduce the amount of accounts being hijacked lately. Thus, if you reply with the correct username and secret word, we know not to change the email back to its previous state. If you provide incorrect information, your account details will be reset to its last known safe default. If you fail to reply to this email, your details will still be reset to its last known safe default.

In order to ensure the safety of your account, please reply as quick as possible.

Now for the NEW part:

You may be suspicious of this email, thinking that it is a scam, but i assure you it is not. I am currently at my house while sending this message. Reason for not sending it while i was at the other computer with the DAoCAccountProblems email address is, i was about to send it when i got distracted from my work by someone asking me a question, and this was right before i was going home from work, and now, while at home, i relized i forgot to send this email. So, i simply used my home email address.

Oh, good heavens. Let me count the ways that this is stupid. First of all, clearly this person is missing the shift key on their keyboard, judging by all the failures to capitalize "i." Second of all, *you* would need to contact *us* about anything to do with a password. We're not going to write to you and ask you for your password OR your secret word. We know them already. Third... oh, skip it. None of you guys would ever share your secret word, anyway, right? ;)

If you get this scam letter, delete it, or if you're feeling frisky, see how creatively you can tell the author off. Thanks!

M

MesS°

I got that Mail an answered right away, with my sub login and pass, at first i did think it was a scam... but if u read closely u can see that thay clearly state that its not a scam... look he assures me...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You may be suspicious of this email, thinking that it is a scam, but i assure you it is not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw. are the servers down im having some loggin problems...

E

Exiled

lol are they just getting dumber or is it me ?

F

findannain

mess you are kidding about answering that mail right?

B

bewal

Yes, he's a moron for writing that stuff, just imagine what kind of peeps really gave their info to him... makes me feel sad.

T

Tumult

Try saying that part of the e-mail out loud, you loose your breath :)

M

moo_work

only an american would fall for that

and possibly a frenchman

R

Repent Reloaded

It has come to our attention that someone recently phoned in to our customer support and attempted to guess the secret word to your account. It is our job here at Mythic to ensure safety of our customers. Please verify your account name and secret word by replying to this email so we can prevent having stolen accounts. This is a new method Mythic is going to try, in order to reduce the amount of accounts being hijacked lately. Thus, if you reply with the correct username and secret word, we know not to change the email back to its previous state. If you provide incorrect information, your account details will be reset to its last known safe default. If you fail to reply to this email, your details will still be reset to its last known safe default.

In order to ensure the safety of your account, please reply as quick as possible.

ok, ya know its a scam by now already.

but....

-Right here is where he looses the plot, the dumb feck.
You may be suspicious of this email, thinking that it is a scam, but i assure you it is not. I am currently at my house while sending this message. Reason for not sending it while i was at the other computer with the DAoCAccountProblems email address is, i was about to send it when i got distracted from my work by someone asking me a question, and this was right before i was going home from work, and now, while at home, i relized i forgot to send this email. So, i simply used my home email address.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by findannain
mess you are kidding about answering that mail right?

Hi everybody, this is sarcasm, come right in ^^

YES he was KIDDING :D

class reply though mess

S

spankya

Sad thing is, some people do fall for this kinda stuff. Looks at Xanthian :touch:

M

MesS°

Originally posted by Arnor2

YES he was KIDDING :D

Thx Arnor, some ppl just havent got any humor... :p

And bewal plz dont tell that a person thinking this email is for real, has got an account worth stealing...

A

Apathy

Everyone shut the fuck up and post your login details here.

This is not a scam.

a.

A

alme

Originally posted by MesS°
I got that Mail an answered right away, with my sub login and pass, at first i did think it was a scam... but if u read closely u can see that thay clearly state that its not a scam... look he assures me...

quote:
You may be suspicious of this email, thinking that it is a scam, but i assure you it is not.

Btw. are the servers down im having some loggin problems...

lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom